Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,034   Online: 749

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE=Nick Zentena]

I keep hearing how cheap Jobo processors are in Europe I guess that's just Germany?

[QUOTE]

Not only in Germany, also here in the Netherlands S/H darkroom equipment is rather cheap at the moment.

I am using the TAS processor from Heiland. It's perfect for small amount of 135-36 film and 120 rolfilm and with some small modification I am also running C41 with it.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nick,

I meant to say the 2500 tank for 4x5. I have a pair of the 2523 tanks specifically.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Although I generally use a JOBO CPA to develop my 4x5 transparencies, I have used a CPE2 as a backup. Either setup will work well. The lift mechanism makes the entire process easier with both systems. Loading the reels is tricky until you get the hang of it, but worthwhile in the end.

Edwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not only in Germany, also here in the Netherlands S/H darkroom equipment is rather cheap at the moment.

Best regards,

Robert
    Ditto in the UK. My CPE2 without lift cost me 47 GBP about a year ago with a stack of other stuff (a colour analalyser, about 20 35mm slide trays in boxes, selection of filters - tongs, small trays, accordion bottles; all sorts of stuff...). A broken CPE2 (dead motor) with lift cost me 35 GBP so I swapped the lift over. Admittedly that was cheaper than usual but a quick check shows CPE2s sans lift going for 48 - 74 GBP in the last 3 months - one with lift + assorted bits for 113 GBP. CPAs & CPPs are in the 250 - 300 GBP range but only one of each came up in the last 3 months.

Bob.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Bob
    Where do you find your used gear? I am UK based and everything I found on the web seems much dearer than you have stated.

This thread ignited my blue touch paper and so have been researching the idea of getting a JOBO-something to do my 4x5 and 120 trannies. Whilst I am sure that a CPE would do the job, I am also looking at other models in their range.

I shoot 2 sheets at same exposure and then compensate the second sheet having processed first normally. I would need to have a processor where I could guarantee consistency to sort out my occasionally dodgy metering. I am prepared to spend more if this means getting a more capable machine, especially if programmable and I can walk away! It seems that there are some ATL2000 at around £450, but these are massive and the single ATL1500 I found is just under £2000 used.

Currently I pay £2.35 normal and £2.75 per sheet at my local lab (excluding petrol+ postage) and so I would soon expect to have covered the cost of the equipment. They also say that the E6 line has been quiet of late, so am worried that this Lab may well decide to cease this service if it gets any quieter.

I am happy and adept at processing B+W but have virtually zero knowledge of E6. I now have some pdfs to read to get up to speed. However this doesn't gain me the practical advice of those who have used the machines regularly. So if anyone can help me on my way, I would gratefully accept advice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been using a CPE2 (with lift) for the past 18 months, or so, mainly for b&w. However I do use it for color, but have to do a batch job, since chemicals do not last for long when opened.

Did a batch of 3 slide films and 3 print films (cross processing) last night and all went smoothly. I don't think I would have bothered to do this without the CPE2.

As others have already mentioned, the most critical part is calibrating the temperature dial. And do not forget that you are interested in the solutions temp and not the bath temp, so keep the water at a slightly higher temp.

One plus thing when using the CPE2 is that you do have some spare time in-between chemical changes to do other things.

BTW, if you are planning to use the six bath kit for E6 you will need to get the special kit. If you feel OK with the 3 bath kit then the standard setup is OK
    Too many Chiefs not enough Indians.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin