Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,243   Online: 1121

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Processing in Digibase C-41 and mysterious effect

Hi everybody and welcome as I am the first time on this forum.

I experienced recently mysterious effect on film (fuji pro400H) processed a couple of days ago in Digibase chemistry.
    Negative has different colour than the one from lab. My recent once is green and darker. Also there are images with slightly brighter parts. This brighter part has different size and shape on different images. It is all visible after scanning. Negative apart its green colour physically looks absolutely fine.
    It is all visible on attached images

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5-15-20.22.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5-at-13.28.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2020.23.47.jpg

I have to admit that chemistry was fresh and everything was processed according to requirements (temp and time). I also processed my own negs before and they were fine. Any suggestions what has happened here? something wrong with film, camera ?
    Many thanks in advance!!!
    Last edited by dindon; 05-15-2013 at 06:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your Dropbox link is bad.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    @bvy will try to place it again but i works fine on my side...
    @Lukas_87 - you mean camera or film?

Shooter
    35mm
    I hope others can see what you are referring to. I cannot make any meaningful statements on these negs. Try a good quality scan of the neg or negs alone. The rest is distracting

All negs have brighter parts. Can you explain what you mean more precisely?

So to summarise: Give us just the negs as scans and say what brighter parts mean

Have you had these negs printed? A print will tell you a lot about issues with the neg

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi pentaxuser,

There are missing images in my post. Now it is fixed (see original post). Sorry about that!!!!
    Here is also scan (very basic)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...negative/2.jpg

As you can see middle part has a different colour.
    No it was not printed. Just scanned in the way it is visible on the image. Don't have an access to this neg for now so can't make a better scan
    Thanks a lot!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You did not use a safelight when loading this film onto the reel by any chance, did you?

Welcome to the APUG by the way...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    @ankin - no, I didn't

Shooter
    35mm
    It is still confusing. It is only the forest scene that might tell us anything but taken by itself each section would look OK. The two outside sections have greener foliage than the middle bit but each section by itself would look OK.

If we exclude that the forest actually looked like this with different foliage colours then I am at a loss to explain it. I cannot think how the chemicals can create this effect, especially the way it divides so neatly into three sections of green/brown-green/green.

I know nothing of scanning except that it seems that scanners are often the problem rather than the neg and the print that is made from the neg.

Are there negs on this film that scan OK as positives?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    it is always scanned as positive unless it is set in other way.
    looking at the negative itself it also looks fine and quite clear except mentioned green color of negative. somebody suggested uneven developing...but there was twice as much chemistry as minimum requirements. Also other images has a similar sections but in different shape..
    dont have this negative with me now

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dindon View Post
    @ankin - no, I didn't
    Sorry, I just had to ask. I don't know your level of experience with film processing. The film base looks very abnormal as if it was fogged or insufficiently bleached/fixed. How is it in person, did it look milky when you pulled it out? Does the kit use separate bleach and fix or a blix?
    I wonder if running this film again through fresh good bleach and fix might correct the problem...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin