Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,551   Online: 951

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    I don't think that assumption is correct. It's more likely a pH change. You could test by mixing the bleach part with some acetic acid maybe.

Even if you're stuck with powder kits, you should be able to mix up small quantities of blix and use it to capacity with no risk of degradation on the shelf - same as you can with the Tetenal liquid E6 kit. The powders should keep well.
    Interesting polyglot. Any clue how much? I don't have a way to test ph. Or maybe just add a bit until the stuff starts working. I guess thats doable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    I don't think that assumption is correct. It's more likely a pH change. You could test by mixing the bleach part with some acetic acid maybe.

Even if you're stuck with powder kits, you should be able to mix up small quantities of blix and use it to capacity with no risk of degradation on the shelf - same as you can with the Tetenal liquid E6 kit. The powders should keep well.
    Thanks for the clarification! I do not have a full understanding of colour chemistry yet, so even if it may seem obvious to some, I still have to learn . I have one Tetenal kit, and want to keep it intact for now. So if anybody else is willing to experiment, that would be great. If nothing comes from this, I would just stick with using the kit as prescribed by the manufacturer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't have a full understanding either so I can't give any suggestions as to what and how much you would need to add to any particular part to make it work. There are a number of components necessary and nearly any combination of them could have been separated out into the other part.

If you can't get a separate bleach+fix kit, IMHO the best option is to make up small batches of blix (and developer) and use them up, keeping the rest as concentrates/powders. Splitting developer powder can be risky though as some active ingredients are a tiny fraction (<1%) of the total and not uniformly distributed so different batches can come out very differently. Splitting liquid concentrates is fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin