Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,089   Online: 742

Shooter
    35mm

14 Month Old Stabilizer

I have a liter of Digibase C41 stabilizer that I mixed up about 14 months ago. Can it still be used safely? I have everything for a new batch of C41 chemicals except stabilizer and I have 6 rolls I'd like to develop today if the stabilizer will still work. I searched but couldn't find a stabilizer specific answer. Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Time is not a big issue for stabalizer. Capacity is measured in the number of rolls that have been treated and yep there is a limit. If you have not been replenishing I would suggest a couple extra minutes in that step but I'd do it.

Similarly bleach and fix (when used and kept separately, I'm not talking about blix here) can be reused indefinitely with proper replenishment.

The tricks with all three are simply replenishing to maintain the proper balance of active ingrediants and keeping the solutions clean.

Developers can also be reused and replenished but time will take a toll on it, it needs very regular use, replenishment, and protection from oxygen.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    It's looks clear and has only had 5 rolls in it. The documentation says 1 liter will process 60 rolls so I think I'm good to go. I'll start warming things up. Thanks!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Perfect, just normal time then. Have fun!
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin