Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,981   Online: 845

Shooter
    35mm

to the experts out here: Can you rival quality of Digital (not a debate though) ?

The reason I am asking is not to start another debate of Digital vs Analog , but more like a conversation about who has different processes that can render quality rivaling Digital and what are those processes ?. I am not talking about who takes better pictures or the artistic side, but to the technical quality of the final print. I know format larger than 35mm is preferred.

Here is why I ask; mostly out of curiosity to learn. I have been doing Digital photography for a few years but recently only for a few months (out of hubby reasons) I decided to give traditional full analog a try. My Analog process (very basic home based) cannot come close to the quality of my own Canon 5D-II digital prints (I shoot 35mm using same lenses, and print RA-4 with Beseler CXII dichro head at room temp. I am using Fuji paper PIII frozen and good, and Type II) .

Thanks for any insight on the subject.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The answer is yes, analog and digital can rival each other, especially if you've mastered them. Unfortunately, this is off topic for APUG. You might ask at our sister site, DPUG, about the merits of both, a link is at the very top of the screen.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin