Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,860   Online: 998

Shooter
    Medium Format

Suitable paper choice to print Ektar Negs?

Hello,

I am about to make my first adventures into printing color negatives, mostly Ektar 100. I am wondering what would be a paper that matches Ektar well
    and is suitable for a beginner (read: "reasonably tolerable to abuse" ). The papers that are available for me are Fuji Crystal Archive, Kodak Endura Premier or Kodak Ultra Endura.
    I will be printing with a standard Meopta color head 3 with dichroic filters. Any recommendations from the seasoned printers here?

Thanks,
    John

Shooter
    35mm
    The Fuji will be fine. I'm not sure about Premier but I reckon Ektar on Ultra Endura would be wild!
    Steve.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

suitable paper choice to print Ektar negs

The only currently manufactured RA4 paper available to cut sheets from 8-10" to 20x24" is Fuji Super Crystal Archive type 11....I use this paper now exclusively and find no difference between it and the Fuji Super Crystal Archive Type C which is not now available in cut sheets. You will be very happy with the results from printing Ektar 100 negatives.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the input everybody, I will go for the Fuji CA paper then.

@gopher
    the major resellers in Germany cut their own sheets from rolls, so the Fuji and Kodak papers mentioned are all available to purchase in standard size sheets here.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One more vote for Fuji Crystal Archive. Very versatile, very reliable, and a joy to work with. Several Fuji CA prints scans in my gallery from a variety of films, if you're interested...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    John, I'm in the same boat as you. I just tried color printing for the first time over the weekend. I'm using Ektar 100, Arista paper from Freestyle, a Beseler dichroic head enlarger, and tray processing with Arista RA-4 chemicals. My results so far aren't too bad. I still have some adjustments to make, but I'm reasonably happy with my results so far. I don't have any advice for you; just wanted to let you know you're not alone right now!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    out of date Kodak Supra Endura would be a good choice. It was available in cut sheets and was dated as late as 2012, but it's good for years past date, in my experience.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin