Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,943   Online: 773

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I had a mixed experience in college. The humanities professors thrived on total BS. But I did a lot of independent study and research in sciences
    under some of the best of the best. Any so-called art professor probably would have shot me after a few weeks. ... they were the most
    stuck-in-a-rut types of all (the more avante garde they got, the more they all looked the same, painted the same, spoke the same, etc.).
    Technique and craft can be taught; art requires some kind of native instinct, which would be vastly aided if the entire term for "art" was
    erased from existence. Personally, I've found Kodak's graphs and tech data sheets on these color neg films to be spot on.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have made the same mistake in the past. Everything turned out fine. No worries.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    i would not go that far. I have found that box speed give the best results because the exposure range is balanced around it. Most of the testing for the elusive EI is based on the result that the camera, lens, light meter or darkroom technique are not properly calibrated. Typically people shooting at half the box speed are merely compensating for aiming the light meter to include too much of the sky. It is much easier to blame problems on the film manufacturers than accept that they are systematically making the same mistake or that the camera and/or the light meter is not properly calibrated.
    Actually by studying the data sheet from Kodak http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...4050/e4050.pdf referring to the section judging negative exposures for the gray card and the characteristic curves they would suggest setting the meter at ISO 200 would give you a closer result.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin