Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,652   Online: 1110

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Technically Good Hue and Saturation

PE had been posted an magenta ilfochrome print and he describes as good hue , myself elegant. I say strong , he high saturation.

Is there any technical process to create good hues or how science describes it ?

National Geographic Magazine was %60 excellent . I always thought how someone could be sure about a color on paper would be widely loved ?

I saw some BMW designers visit Spanish paintings and inspired from them and create a car like chocalate icecream :)

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Umut;

There are systems used to quantify these things and many textbooks that teach how to do this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munsell_color_system << This is just one of them.

Just remember that at least one or two people will insist that magenta is NOT a color!

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Photographically this is a very contentious subject. I've done pro color consulting and had to understand all the principles and lingo etc. There
    are good color theory books out there. In the real world it's based on the limitations of your chosen medium. But the psychological effect of
    color is quite complex, and not simply related to how saturated certain obvious hues are, but about color interrelationships, balanced, modulation in relation to neutrals, etc. Sometimes less is more. But nowadays it seems all that people know how to do is use Fauxtoshop to
    add honey atop jam atop sugar cubes, until your taste buds either go numb or you vomit.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin