Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,216   Online: 1016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    I hate to say it, but it looks like colour neg. I've tried the Unicolor & Tentenal kits and I've gotten the same results, colours a bit off at scanning. Getting colours 100% correct with colour neg can be a bit tricky, this is the reason I've gone back to chromes.

Quote Originally Posted by ewsphoto View Post
    Hi all,

Just developed my first roll Kodak pro 160 , 6X6 format using Unicolor C41 kit.
    I follow instruction carefully. Scan using Epson V600 and vuescan.
    seems something wrong, any one help me please?

Attachment 70058

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    That may make it very difficult to make wet prints, should you ever wish to do so.
    Perhaps, but I don't optically print and no one within reasonable pricing optically prints either.

If not for "electronic enlargers", photographic film would be gone altogether.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    This has been a good thread. I also use the Unicolor kit, and wet print on crystal archive. I regulate the water bath at 100 degrees F, but the temp in the tank runs about a degree low. I start developing an extra 15 seconds too, adding 5 seconds for each successive roll. I like the results, and can develop twice the recommended capacity. I'll have to try the V600 and see if it looks the same as wet printing. I've only used it for B&W so far.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    I hate to say it, but it looks like colour neg. I've tried the Unicolor & Tentenal kits and I've gotten the same results, colours a bit off at scanning. Getting colours 100% correct with colour neg can be a bit tricky, this is the reason I've gone back to chromes.
    Nah, it's just (well mostly) wrong gamma, which causes that milky look. You do a wet print and it won't look like that at all. You do the scan right, it won't look like that either.

These are both scans from C41.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all ,

Thanks for all inputs, appreciate all opinions.
    Polyglot > I'm quite familiar with film scanner and how to get good scan out from it. Its true that most of film scan will not look good strait out from raw scan, low contrast from raw scan means I can get more detail out from the file. I need to adjust from vuescan software to get it right.
    I checked my digital thermometer just now, which I used it for check the temperature of C41 chemical. compare with an Omron medical thermometer, I found that my old digital thermometer shows 1.7 degree celsius higher than Omron. Thats means I develop my film 3.30 minutes in 36.2 degree, and blix 6.30 minutes in 36.2 degree celsius too.
    I think my film must be a little bit off already ?
    I will shoot another roll this Sunday and try to develop again and see if it will be more easier to scan.

Thank you.

Shooter
    35mm
    hi again,

After read Polyglot's FAQ about film and scanning, I really learnt a lot of knowledge regarding c41 process , and black and white as well.
    thanks for the marvelous FAQ page!

Regards,
    EW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Glad that it's useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin