Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,885   Online: 1193

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Raphael, perhaps that's the solution to finalize my opened kit. I'll PM you.

Rudeofus, did you tested the home-made formula in your thread? I'm curious about the results...

JoJo, I've not tested it, but some friends mix Tetenal Dokumol 1+9 and use it as FD with the developing times of the Tetenal Kit. They say it works as good as the original

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The formula and procedure in that thread is way too complicated. Look at this E6 recipe, and especially the bleaching and fixing bathes:
    • Your Tetenal BX1 is somewhere between 45-50% Ammonium Ferric EDTA, which is referred to as "Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid·Fe(III)·ammonium·dihydrate" in that link. The recipe lists the solid compound, but calculating how much BX1 you need to match that concentration should be trivial.
    • The remaining chemicals most likely likely won't come with BX1 so you have to source them yourselves. Since you appear to be from EU, I suggest Fototechnik Suvatlar (price list here) or Keten. Both vendors have been repeatedly discussed here on APUG, they converse in English so language barriers shouldn't be a problem..
    • Looking at the additional chemicals required for bleach, I see KBr (or, even better, NH4Br), Na2-EDTA, Ammonium Nitrate (you can leave that one out).
    • As far as fixer is concerned, either mix the one listed in that recipe, or get standard rapid fixer and bump its pH up to 6.60.
    • pH matters a lot in E6 processing and if you want to go anywhere near real home brewing, get a pH meter. If all you care about is making bleach and fixer quickly, you should be able to get away with pH indicator paper.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks a lot for the great info, Rudeofus!
    Here in Spain, I get almost all chemicals from http://www.drogueriatrivino.es/ But I'll check your links

Home-brewed E6 still looks a bit complicated for me, but if the comercial solutions disappear, I'll embrace it without a doubt.
    Now I only hope that Fuji keeps producing those beautiful chromes...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Avortex, thanks for the info!

Joachim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin