Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,019   Online: 811

Shooter
    35mm

Anyone know where to develop old 616 Superchrome Gevaert film?

where can I develop 616 film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    35mm
    You've posted this in the colour section, but I think you will probably find that it is a black & white film, possibly even an ortho one. Chrome or chrom as part of a film name often indicated it was a black & white film in the 1950's/60's and earlier eg Kodak Verichrome, Ilford Selochrome, Agfa Isochrom etc etc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Definely a B&W films, probably from the 1950's. There is some very useful info at this link for the specific film (courtesy of 30 seconds on Google!):

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...y-50-years-old

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, it is a b&w film. From the 40's
    20 ASA and ortho-panchromatic

The spelling is Superchrom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's not an Ortho film, the word Chrome was added to show it had a wider Chromatic response, still not fully panchchromatic though.

Verichrome dates back to around 1908/9 when it was released by Wratten & Wainwright, and the term was in constant use for B&W films until the demise of Kodak Verichrome PAn.

I'd sugeest see-sawing it in a tray with D&^/ID-11, it's an easy technique when you don't have a tank that takes the film size.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin