Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,842   Online: 792

Shooter
    35mm

16-year-old Elite Chrome 200 - any tips?

Hello all

I managed to get a brick of old Elite Chrome 200 for a good price off eBay... the film expired in 1997.

I'm a fan of cross-processing and expired film, so this isn't a problem, but i'm just wondering if there are any development/exposure tricsk anyone might have... has anyone ever cross-processed slide that's been expired so long?

Many thanks in advance.

S

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could just try a few shots of under and overexposure by a stop and process regularly and see what you get.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Run it through a Holga or a Diana for a true, old world hipster effect, repleat with casts and weird colour shifts. No need then for Instagram!

Shooter
    35mm
    If you wish to make a negative: Cut off about 2 inches of unexposed film and place in your camera. Make exposure at about EI 50. Develop in C-41 for 20% longer If too dense, adjust accordingly. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    besides doing what has already been suggested ...
    i usually over expose it by a little bit,
    and process it b/w developer to get
    a b/w negative .. being slide film it will have a yellowish
    cast and be nearly impossible to print, unless you are in the 21st century.
    i use coffee developer ( caffenol c with a oz of print developer in it ) but any developer will do the same thing ...
    the grain is very nice and different from b/w and what it looks like as a chrome ...
    i have examples if you click on my avatar, and looksy on the left, at one of my "albums" ...

have fun
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just make sure you process it promptly after exposing. A few years ago I shot some older Sensia and Velvia. Those processed quickly were fine, those in which I waited a month or so to process had color shifts and overall yellowing. Might not be the same for Elite Chrome but best I mention it....
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin