Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,983   Posts: 1,523,898   Online: 1059

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After mixing the formula the pH is too high, even without HAS, so I just add whatever acetic acid I need to bring it to normal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The standard procedure to adjust pH is to use Sodium Hydroxide or Sulfuric Acid depending on the direction you want to move. Neither developer (C41 or RA4) should contain Benzyl Alcohol. HAS extends shelf life and also it prevents tar formation and it helps keep Dmin low.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    By the way -- what is the purpose of potassium (or sodium) chloride in the formula? And if the formula calls for sodium chloride, how much potassium chloride should be used in substitution?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The color paper emulsions are mainly AgCl emulsions and thus Cl ion acts as a seasoning agent and restrainer or antifoggant. The positive ion balance (Na or K) is probably important for balancing development, but I am not sure.

PE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin