Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,406   Online: 1121

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nbagno View Post
    From K&S? Saw them in the store and if I didn't already have 6x6 and 6x9 MF I would have bought one. They looked to be in great shape.
    thats them. they still have 2 67ii bodies with the ae prism, the 2 zooms and a 400 and 800mm lens left. the 800 looks like a telescope! if i only had $5300 laying around

now the negs are drying.......

holy john holmes!!! man those things are huge. felt like a kid at christmas all over again. now that the camera is a keeper i need to figure out a way to print/digitize them. man the more you buy, the more you need to buy to get the things you just bought to work better. does that make sense or am i just as crazy as my ex says?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Photographs in both sizes come out better if the lens cap is removed before taking the photograph.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by destroya View Post
    now that the camera is a keeper i need to figure out a way to print/digitize them. man the more you buy, the more you need to buy to get the things you just bought to work better.
    For scanning (which we're not allowed to talk about around here so I'll keep it short), you can't go past an Epson v700/750, Betterscanning holder, and Kami or Lumina fluid (Lumina is kind of mandatory unless you live in the US/EU, Kami won't ship to us here in aus).
    Just don't do what I see a whole lot of people doing, shooting negs using a macro-lens-bellows attached to a dslr, totally ruins the point and you may as well have just shot the original with the dslr.
    Or just use a scanning-service at a local lab, some are good some aren't (I bought my scanner for home after the local lab sharpened the hell out of them and I got a photo with 100 huge clumps of grain in the shape of a person).
    For the best though, you can't go past enlarging at home (I wish I had space for a darkroom).

Also, another difference to the OP, if you're the kind of completely bonkers weirdo person (like me) who likes doing stuff weird like rolling film through backwards to make redscale photos or such, it doesn't work with 120 film, there's that pesky paper in the way (I haven't tried 220 but that would probably work)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    For scanning (which we're not allowed to talk about around here so I'll keep it short), you can't go past an Epson v700/750, Betterscanning holder, and Kami or Lumina fluid (Lumina is kind of mandatory unless you live in the US/EU, Kami won't ship to us here in aus).
    Plustek Opticfilm 120.

Just don't do what I see a whole lot of people doing, shooting negs using a macro-lens-bellows attached to a dslr, totally ruins the point and you may as well have just shot the original with the dslr.
    While I don't use a macro lens and a DSLR, it isn't true at all that it's the same as shooting with a DSLR. The film image, by the time it even makes it to an enlarger or in front of a sensor has already gone through multiple stages which, as the sum of their parts, are what shooting film is all about. One of those big ones is related to exposure compensation and dynamic range compression innately unique to analog materials. This is in addition to all the other stuff.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin