Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,526   Posts: 1,543,909   Online: 1060

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Heh heh, they call it Bleach-Fix rather than Blix.
    The term "blix" is, or was at one time, proprietary to another company.

Shooter
    35mm
    So for those that want to try developing with a separate bleach and fixer that is highly advocated by PE, what are the choices available? I've been using the Unicolor kit, and while I seem to be having decent luck, I would like to see the difference a separate bleach and fix would make.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RPC View Post
    The term "blix" is, or was at one time, proprietary to another company.
    Namely Unicolor. It seems to have become the standard, though.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    So for those that want to try developing with a separate bleach and fixer that is highly advocated by PE, what are the choices available? I've been using the Unicolor kit, and while I seem to be having decent luck, I would like to see the difference a separate bleach and fix would make.
    The problem is always the bleach. Not many options that I can find. The Kodak C-41 bleach replenisher is readily available, but it's expensive -- neighborhood of $50 for five liters. Not exactly kit size. The fixer repenisher is easier to find and much cheaper. By consensus (based on my own reading here and elsewhere) the starters for these chemicals don't seem to be necessary. Anyway, uniquephoto.com stocks -- and ships -- all of these items.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Somebody enlighten me. It has been my belief that Rollei went out of business in 1979.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They've been secretly manufacturing chemicals for the last 30 years on the down low. Everyone without a first name of "Tom" was let in on the secret back in '81.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Large Format
    I guess it's true--ask a dumb question and you get a dumb answer. Apparently they only discontinued the Rolleiflex then, not went out of business totally.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can still buy a brand new Rolleiflex today, or could just a few years ago. They won't assemble it until someone buys it, and they will then do it out of parts in stock, and it will cost a pretty absurd amount (thousands) but I'm pretty sure you could buy a new one as recently as 2010 at least.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are in the market for a new Rollieflex, here is the current manufacturer's website: http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/rolleiflex-tlr.html

You will need to save your pennies.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Nothing listed as alternative there. Don't know where you'd get that. Freestyle is a big booster of film photography.

But am I the only one that HATES their new web site design and preferred the old one by a factor of at least ten times?
    I also like their new site better, I agree with the poster that said its functionally better, it's more organized and easier to find stuff.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin