Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,155   Online: 1070

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    127 Format
    I am out of C-41 at the moment and need some. I believe a personal visit to Freestyle this weekend is in order.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    I am out of C-41 at the moment and need some. I believe a personal visit to Freestyle this weekend is in order.
    I've got 20 rolls of 120 C-41 I've been trying to trade for months now... Look up my posts for WTT

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    127 Format
    Got film

...need chems
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Got film

...need chems
    That's what I get for sleeping after reading a thread and coming back the next day forgetting what the thread was all about.... LOL

I have a 1L jobo kit, question, the e6 kits tell you a calculation for extending the time for each roll past the first, with c-41 of you want to re-use the chems, how do you calculate the extended time? Or is it different where it just works till exhaustion with no extension in time?

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shrug. The new site doesn't even work properly for me much of the time. Things don't show up in the right place, the filter function is flakey - sometimes it works but it excludes stuff it shouldn't and includes stuff it shouldn't, and I just generally think it's ugly. But I like functional over flashy. I HATE the new Yahoo mail compared to the old one, for example. It wasn't broke, but they fixed it anyway and poured ugly all over it. IMNSHO of course.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I just add 15 seconds every four rolls. Works for me.

Yahoo mail is a dream compared to the new Hotmail/outlook.com. That pos is horrid.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The new Yahoo works ok. They didn't break it. But they didn't seem to really add anything either, just made it ugly IMO.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just add 15 seconds every four rolls. Works for me.

Yahoo mail is a dream compared to the new Hotmail/outlook.com. That pos is horrid.
    Every four rolls of 120 in a 1 liter kit? Like that matters so to clarify I really only shoot 120, so 2 120 reels in a 1L tank. I may have a FEW rolls of 35mm and do one run of that but the rest is 120 so I would only add 15 seconds after two runs? And isn't it cumulative percentage? So after the first that's 15 the next would be like 38 seconds more and the next would be like 52 seconds more instead of 15,30,45..?

Also, you guys are funny, yahoo and functionality? Never, as hotmail even worse, I switched to gmail years ago, better function, cleaner and more organized, more freedom, and better and more accurate spam filters by tenfold ....

But I agree freestyle could use some tweaks but sometimes a "pretty" layout can in itself give more functionality in that you notice the important buttons etc and can see things more easily, especially if you aren't used to the site.

Also new people who see the site, not only can find stuff easier but get a better impression that the site is legit because its up to a more current look standard and doesn't look "antiquated" which helps with legitimacy for new users who might be deciding between them or B&H for example.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have gmail, but I never use it and use my Yahoo extensively. Why? Well mainly because I had Yahoo for a very long time before gmail ever existed and have lots of stuff set up there. But I see absolutely nothing superior in the function of gmail. And Google is, in spite of their logo, becoming almost as evil as brands M and A. Not that Yahoo isn't but I'll continue with a lesser evil. Yahoo mail does everything I need and more in web mail. I haven't actually seen any way gmail is superior other than the Google name and, if there are reasons, they are sufficiently arcane that I find them useless. I actually use my Comcast POP server mail the most, Yahoo second. I don't think gmail is cleaner or better organized - equal in that regard though with the new look of Yahoo I might give you "cleaner" but that wasn't true for me right up until last week. More freedom? WTH does that even MEAN? Spam filtering, well I don't use my gmail enough to even get spam there so I couldn't tell but Yahoo's (and Comcast's for that matter) is decently good. No spam filter will get it all, not without the risk of spam-filtering way too much legit stuff.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. It was an aside. I will continue to order from Freestyle. Having a web site that looks like every other over graphiced cartoonish nightmare on the web is no bar.

I like B&H's site. There's just something garish and cartoonish about the new Freestyle to me. Want to see antiquated, check out Photographer's Formulary.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stone:
    I've used the Unicolor kit, and the Rollei Digibase kit (in addition to the straight Kodak Flexicolor chems) and neither mandates any extra times for reuse. However, I've heard of people saying that their kits did in fact call for it, so like wblynch above I add 15 seconds or so after a few rolls if I think the chems might be getting tired and could use a little boost. No more than a few seconds, though, else you'd be effectively pushing the film.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin