Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,529   Online: 1166

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Rollei C-41 back in stock at Freestyle

Happy Days http://www.freestylephoto.biz/660151...Kit-2.5-Liters

Says designed for beginners (that's me) but what does that really mean? Not as good as the old kit?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Slightly off topic, but does Freestyle seem to market film photography as an "alternative" process these days? This turns me off of Freestyle, since I believe results from film can be as pure, clean, and moving as any thing produced by digital means. See the attached photo, not particularly moving, but which I shot on film and developed at home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Example developed yesterday.jpg  

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    Slightly off topic, but does Freestyle seem to market film photography as an "alternative" process these days? This turns me off of Freestyle, since I believe results from film can be as pure, clean, and moving as any thing produced by digital means. See the attached photo, not particularly moving, but which I shot on film and developed at home.
    You mean the inkjet stuff?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nothing listed as alternative there. Don't know where you'd get that. Freestyle is a big booster of film photography.

But am I the only one that HATES their new web site design and preferred the old one by a factor of at least ten times?

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the new design because I feel it's more functionally useful, but I wish the inkjet stuff wouldn't be on the front page, personally.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The old kit was Rollei Digibase, which was standard spec C-41, i.e., separate bleach and fix. This new kit seems to be a blix, which explains why they say it's good for beginners.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beginners will also enjoy the option to process their film at 113F.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a shame that they have changed the old Digibase kit. I was hoping Fresstyle would get it back in stock just as it was before but now i think i would start buying individual chems as i don't want to use blix.
    Why did they change something as good as the Digibase kit? As they say, don't mess with something that is working.
    Before Freestyle started selling Digibase i used the Tetenal kit that also have bleach and fix combined as blix and have now been forced to use that again but i don't get negatives as good as with the old Digibase kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Heh heh, they call it Bleach-Fix rather than Blix.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems this new kit's saving grace is that it is a liquid concentrate, like the old Digibase, so one could easily mix up only as much volume as one needs and save the rest for future batches.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin