Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,694   Posts: 1,482,501   Online: 1008

Shooter
    35mm

How much can you push / pull Fujicolor 200 with PP only?

Do you think Fujicolor 200 has a push / pull range from 50 to 600 ISO through post processing adjustment only? I'd be using for street work, so the pix don't have to be perfect. But they should still be good.

If not, what is your ISO range experience?

Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you are talking about digital post production I expect you will be asked to move this thread to DPUG. Sticking purely with the analogue process I think you would be lucky to get reasonable results with Fuji C200 at 600 iso. They would be really lacking in shadow detail.

You would be better off with a 400 speed film like Portra 400 or Pro 400h. Even Fuji superia 400 would be a better bet than C200.

I've shot Portra rated from 100 to 800 without pushing and got very good results. The highlights remain viable even with huge over exposure.

How often will you really need to shot at 50 iso? Might an ND filter or even a polariser work if you want to shoot wide open in bright sun?

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think 200->600 is that crazy, but if you're just going to chuck it at a lab I doubt you'll get the results you want. True push processing requires modifying development times for C-41.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. I am shooting in a Widelux with just a few shutter speeds. It does have some filter options like BW color filters and a ND. But they are odd filters that are hard to find. I'm looking.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    I don't think 200->600 is that crazy, but if you're just going to chuck it at a lab I doubt you'll get the results you want. True push processing requires modifying development times for C-41.
    I don't forsee doing C-41 unless they stop doing it in my local. I did it decades ago. Right now I'm just getting back into BW film developing. And that was just becasue they charge $10 or more a roll to develop to send it far, far away.

I'm just trying to figure out how far I can go with no actual push or pull developing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonh82 View Post
    If you are talking about digital post production I expect you will be asked to move this thread to DPUG. Sticking purely with the analogue process I think you would be lucky to get reasonable results with Fuji C200 at 600 iso. They would be really lacking in shadow detail.

You would be better off with a 400 speed film like Portra 400 or Pro 400h. Even Fuji superia 400 would be a better bet than C200.

I've shot Portra rated from 100 to 800 without pushing and got very good results. The highlights remain viable even with huge over exposure.

How often will you really need to shot at 50 iso? Might an ND filter or even a polariser work if you want to shoot wide open in bright sun?
    I didn't know they had a DPUG. Will check it out.

DPUG would not be a good place to ask about shooting film. Only APUG'ers can answer that question.
    Last edited by Iluvmycam; 07-14-2013 at 09:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin