Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,992   Posts: 1,524,224   Online: 1140

Shooter
    Medium Format

rollei digibase c41 - old chemistry still useable?

ive got a pack of half used chemistry thats been opened for around a year - do you reckon its still useable or should i not bother? ive been shooting mostly black and white for ages but ill been doing some colour later on this afternoon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Check the colour of part 3 of the developer. As long as it is clear to light straw colour you should be ok. If it has gone dark brown/purple it has oxidised.

I used some year old concentrate where part 3 had been fridge stored for about half the time. It was absolutely fine and has produced nice results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found out yesterday that my Part C/3 had oxidized (dark, almost black, with dark grain in the liquid). Now, I've got a Fuji Hunt kit with a few liters worth of bleach, fix and stabilizer. A year after opening, can I expect those solutions to still work reliably?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    just checked - blacker than a miners thumb! out it goes!

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Save the bleach!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My part C went bad very soon after opening the kit (even though I top off my chems with gas) so freestyle sent me three replacements. I opened those today to find all three dark purple. Meanwhile my kodak stuff that's four years old is just fine. Don't buy this crap!
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Four years. That's amazing. Curious, how are you storing it?

Shooter
    35mm
    Never had any problem with part C of the color dev. My kit is open since March and today I did my last working solution and part c was still clear!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bvy View Post
    Four years. That's amazing. Curious, how are you storing it?
    I shoot some "wine preserver" in each bottle before screwing the lid on. Amazon sells it in cans. I might just be lucky too but the negs I did this morning look pretty good on my monitor.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin