Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,740   Online: 969

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Didn't someone say Lomo bought out Lucky's facilities?
    I would say it is rather doubtful seeing that the Lomography folks sent out an email lately regarding some delays in delivery of the Lomochrome Purple 400, the lomography folks shows some photos of the European factory making their film in this particular email.

Someone did indeed theorize a purchase of Lucky's facilities, but it seems nothing really more was said.

I am sure there is quite a surplus in the world of great film producing machinery for sale, I am thinking it is good that much of Agfa's was saved, the best equipment is still in use by forward thinking companies in Europe.

It is too bad some important film manufacturing equipment was not saved from Polaroid, The impossible project did a great job of rescuing and reviving a lot of production machinery from Polaroid but at the same time I think Impossible Project feels a bit of regret for not rescuing the machinery for the 4x5 instant film, Fuji has dropped the "Ball" for 4x5 instant film sales in the USA and other parts of the world, You can still order fresh 4x5 color instant film directly from Japan, Fuji still makes it apparently.

If Impossible Project would make 4x5 instant film they would once again buy more of my Alpenhause 110B 4x5 cameras to sell with their film like they did in 2008 and 2009 when they had a lot of expired Polaroid 4x5 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    There are other coating facilities in several places. How about China Lucky? InovisCoat?

Andreas is right. Maco used to send to EFKE film pancakes to be slit and packaged in the 127 format.
    I am thinking that EFKE is the only factory in the world that handles the 127 format, it is said that EFKE hired those that are blind to hand roll the 127 film, It is very nice of them to employ the handicapped.

Now that EFKE seems to be shut down Maco/Rollei may have their 127 film production equipment, a lot of EFKE's production machinery has been sold to others like Maco/Rollei, ADOX and InovisCoat, it is a good thing forward thinking companies in Europe are keeping film production machinery from going to waste.

127 film needs unique spool production machinery and you need to make the backing paper which I am sure is easy to do, the EFKE and Maco Rollei 127 spools cause hell if you use them in a RolleiFlex 127 TLR as take up spools, too bad the nice metal spools made by Kodak, Agfa of earlier years can no longer be made.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I think that if Ilford could have bought the machinery they would have, but they've said it doesn't make financial sense to do so. So I doubt anyone will ever make 127 spooled with backing paper again. However Ilford did do a 46mm bulk roll run this year, and I and others bought 50 feet rolls to re-roll. Also I haven't had any trouble in my Yashika44 with the efke take up spools that are plastic... what's the issue?

Next year you can get in on the bulk roll purchase. 11 more months to go...

As for the purple... why not call them to ask, or wait till you get it, no point in theorizing, but I WOULD like to know if the base is clear or orange... if I could get some clear stuff I might x-process it in E-6

Shooter
    35mm
    a lot of EFKE's production machinery has been sold to others like Maco/Rollei, ADOX and InovisCoat,
    Sorry to ask, but where did you get that information? Aren't you confusing EFKE with Agfaphoto Leverkusen?
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are a lot of wrong assumptions in this thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I think that if Ilford could have bought the machinery they would have, but they've said it doesn't make financial sense to do so. So I doubt anyone will ever make 127 spooled with backing paper again. However Ilford did do a 46mm bulk roll run this year, and I and others bought 50 feet rolls to re-roll. Also I haven't had any trouble in my Yashika44 with the efke take up spools that are plastic... what's the issue?

Next year you can get in on the bulk roll purchase. 11 more months to go...

As for the purple... why not call them to ask, or wait till you get it, no point in theorizing, but I WOULD like to know if the base is clear or orange... if I could get some clear stuff I might x-process it in E-6
    I hope it is clear based, if it is and it is polyester Agfa most likely made it. I would be most enthused just like you to cross process it for some slides to project. One would need to try different ASAs and some E-6 push processing to bring the color saturation up to a desirable level.

I am thinking Maco/Rollei is the only one offering new 127 film so it is a fair bet they have the machinery to do it.

My Baby Rolleiflex 127 film is the only 127 camera I have that does not work well with these 2nd generation plastic spools, I use older metal spools for the take up spool and the film works fine but my Yashica 4x4 cameras are working OK with them.

46mm film from Ilford would be fabulous, it would be a simple matter for me to hire a local printing shop to make the backing paper then gather up many 127 spools and roll up some fine Ilford 127 film, would people give out $10 per roll? perhaps $8? Offer "trade in" money for used 127 spools?

The fine folks at Lomography are not really giving out much useful info about the Lomochrome Purple film, they say company policy is not allowing much if any info to be disclosed, I will know a bit more once my rolls arrive in August.

The Truth IS Out There........There are people out there that know for sure, perhaps they will post?
    Last edited by Alpenhause; 07-16-2013 at 11:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    There are a lot of wrong assumptions in this thread.
    Hello AgX,

Good to hear from you,

Has anyone leaked some info to you about Lomochrome Purple 400, such as who is making it? Is it clear based or have the normal orange mask like other C-41 color negative films?

If the Lomography folks requested you not to disclose any info well, that is the way it goes, The Lomography people are having some fun keeping some details a secret. I am not talking badly about them, the mystery of it all is kind of fun and entertaining.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No-one has leaked info to me. But I got my ideas.

No, I have not had a sample in hands.

Aside of curiosity, what would one gain by knowing the manufacturer?
    Lomography is the worst seller concerning information about their films. Thus I would rank their films as gadgets to have fun with, not to build up a steady supply. This is notwithstanding that some films have well known origins.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    I hope it is clear based, if it is and it is polyester Agfa most likely made it. I would be most enthused just like you to cross process it for some slides to project. One would need to try different ASAs and some E-6 push processing to bring the color saturation up to a desirable level.

I am thinking Maco/Rollei is the only one offering new 127 film so it is a fair bet they have the machinery to do it.

My Baby Rolleiflex 127 film is the only 127 camera I have that does not work well with these 2nd generation plastic spools, I use older metal spools for the take up spool and the film works fine but my Yashica 4x4 cameras are working OK with them.

46mm film from Ilford would be fabulous, it would be a simple matter for me to hire a local printing shop to make the backing paper then gather up many 127 spools and roll up some fine Ilford 127 film, would people give out $10 per roll? perhaps $8? Offer "trade in" money for used 127 spools?

The fine folks at Lomography are not really giving out much useful info about the Lomochrome Purple film, they say company policy is not allowing much if any info to be disclosed, I will know a bit more once my rolls arrive in August.

The Truth IS Out There........There are people out there that know for sure, perhaps they will post?
    Are you sure maco/rollei is making 127? I don't believe that's correct... Efke was the last to make 127 film to my knowledge. Anything out there is left over stock...

It works out to be about $5.50/roll of 127 if you bought into the Ilford ULF run. Each 50 foot roll is $120-$130 (depending on supplier). Which is $5.46 to $5.90. And assuming my measurements are correct that's 22 rolls if you don't make any mistakes.

Anyway I'll be shooting all of my Ilford stuff. It's also limited to HP5 so those who don't own fancy adjustable yashika'a are out of luck in terms of exposure.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am beginning to wonder now about Maco/Rollei, they had the largest selection of 127 film, there was Rollei Retro80's, Xpro-200, Rollei Cross Bird, Rollei Night bird, Rollei Infrared B&W. Now we have barely just two Maco/Rollei 127 films for sale, I wonder if they stopped making 127 or did they just ship various 46mm types of film off to EFKE for finishing and packing, perhaps an inquiry directly to Maco/Rollei regarding their 127 film program is in order.

I like the figures for production of 127 film from HP5 46mm film stocks perhaps having some backing paper made may be worth while.

So far a quick look on the search engines is just showing only possibly NOS 127 film for sale, I forgot to check with ADOX

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin