Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,211   Online: 859

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    New Images from the folks at Lomography, Some unseen test shots of the new Lomochrome Purple 400 film.

Many Thanks to Georg Thaler at Lomography!

Enjoy!
    Interesting, looks like it would be better for landscape than for street photography... I also wish they would shoot examples on NON-lomo cameras so we could actually see the quality the image could produce in a professional sense, I'm interested but not at that price either haha.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually some of the shots look like they used a quality camera and lens, I had to severely reduce the file sizes from the image files sent to me such that I couuld easily get them onto the forum.

Strange color rendering...... I wonder what colored filters will do? or Photoshop color alterations will do. We will certainly find out once people get their hands on the unusual color film in about two weeks.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Actually some of the shots look like they used a quality camera and lens, I had to severely reduce the file sizes from the image files sent to me such that I couuld easily get them onto the forum.

Strange color rendering...... I wonder what colored filters will do? or Photoshop color alterations will do. We will certainly find out once people get their hands on the unusual color film in about two weeks.
    Well then they need a quality photographer... haha

I think it just shifts green to purple, that's my understanding. I would expect more purple and less green, but it seems there's a lot of green in the world of purple...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    I may be missing something here, but if Lomochrome purple can be simulated in Photoshop, why not tweak a standard film in PP?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blockend View Post
    I may be missing something here, but if Lomochrome purple can be simulated in Photoshop, why not tweak a standard film in PP?
    Why shoot film at all then? Lol

Also many guys print optically and don't use computers to print (except their brains)

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is some interesting news from Georg Thaler from Lomography in Vienna:

Hi Steven

Thanks for reply. Glad you like the shots.

Regarding the source of this film I can tell you one thing, Afga is not making it and it’s really easy in handling, every Lab will be able to process it easily.

Producing sheets and/or special film size like 127 is not planned yet. This is something we might consider a bit later, once we have fed the market with more common formats.

Thanks for forwarding the Ferrania NL, I’m on their mailing-list as well. We are really amazed about this sign of life from Italy. We are very looking forward to get some of their resumed films in some month and let’s see if there will be a cooperation later again.

Supply of our purple films is on schedule. You should get the rolls within the next 1-2 weeks.

Thank you & Kind Regards from superhot Vienna,

Georg

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

lomographic society international

hollergasse 41

1150 vienna

austria

+43189944675

georg.thaler@lomography.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Here is some interesting news from Georg Thaler from Lomography in Vienna:

Hi Steven

Thanks for reply. Glad you like the shots.

Regarding the source of this film I can tell you one thing, Afga is not making it and it’s really easy in handling, every Lab will be able to process it easily.

Producing sheets and/or special film size like 127 is not planned yet. This is something we might consider a bit later, once we have fed the market with more common formats.

Thanks for forwarding the Ferrania NL, I’m on their mailing-list as well. We are really amazed about this sign of life from Italy. We are very looking forward to get some of their resumed films in some month and let’s see if there will be a cooperation later again.

Supply of our purple films is on schedule. You should get the rolls within the next 1-2 weeks.

Thank you & Kind Regards from superhot Vienna,

Georg

lomographic society international

hollergasse 41

1150 vienna

austria

+43189944675

georg.thaler@lomography.com

Oh good now we can all call him on the phone

So it sounds like it's not Ferrania or AGFA (afga? haha) so then who else? Could just be fuji... they sell a lot of fuji film on the site already... And what are piggies? I lost all my piggies on lomography but I didn't even know what the heck they were ... and I couldn't find on the site where it even explains that... lol

Shooter
    Medium Format
    a lot of EFKE's production machinery has been sold to others like Maco/Rollei, ADOX and InovisCoat
    None of the above companies have purchased any equipment from Efke.

InovisCoat quite possibly could do the cutting and packaging of the 35mm and 120 film seeing that they possess lots of former Agfa Leverkusen film equipment.
    Inoviscoat is not interested in becoming again what they emerged from. They want to run their coating and develop new products to be coated, ideally not from the photographic field. Most of their photographic products are converted and sold by us. Some specialty products are also coated for other customers.

We (ADOX) are by now a full converting company capable of converting film in Super8, 35mm, 120 and sheetfilms as well as paper and chemistry.
    We can also produce photographic chemistry, emulsions and do sample coatings.
    Link:http://www.adox.de/english/styled-10/index.html

There is a good posibility Maco/Rollei will do the cutting and packaging because they do have the equipment and know how to cut down the large rolls into 35mm and 120.
    No, they donīt.

Mirko
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 07-29-2013 at 05:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    None of the above companies have purchased any equipment from Efke.

Inoviscoat is not interested in becoming again what they emerged from. They want to run their coating and develop new products to be coated, ideally not from the photographic field. Most of their photographic products are converted and sold by us. Some specialty products are also coated for other customers.

We (ADOX) are by now a full converting company capable of converting film in 35mm, 120 and sheetfilms as well as paper and chemistry.
    We can also produce photographic chemistry, emulsions and do sample coatings.

No, they donīt.

Mirko
    Great info. Glad to hear about you fully cutting sheet film, really excited about the upcoming new products.

Would you, can you, PLEASE look into producing E-6 chemistry kits for home use, especially in the USA market? not 3 bath kits but proper 6(7 stabilizer) bath kits? PLEASE, there's only one kit and it's a 3 bath kit that has a blix which goes off quick and doesn't always remove all the silver... so this is something we desperately need here, fuji stopped shipping their kits here, and kodak pulled out a long time ago from their home kits. If you can that would be the best thing EVER! Also thanks for continuing to keep Adonal (Rodinal) around, it's my favorite developer and I always make sure to buy the ADOX brand when I buy it.

Starting to like ADOX as much as Ilford [not saying ilford is in any way better of a company, I mean that this communication you're giving is what Ilford has been showing us (customers) and it really gives us a sense of stability and further interest in keeping a company alive and investing in their products] Good communication and support from the company to it's customers is a huge selling point in this market, so thanks, you're doing a great job!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    and I always make sure to buy the ADOX brand when I buy it.
    Thank you. If you want Rodinal made acording to the genuine Agfa recipe from 2005 this is your best/only choice.
    After the stop of production in Vaihingen all other developers sold today come from various factories and are clones which are more or less close but only ours is identical. This is not comunicated well and whatīs being written is not totally off because at the time of publication (sometimes more than 3 years back) they really were identical (as long as they came from Vaihingen).
    I am not saying the above to badmouth our competitors products. They are also of a high quality and work well. But because of some assumptions made earlier in this thread I want to bring to your attention that there is a substantual difference between what we do and what some of our competitors do. We actually build up a real factory, we internalize knowledge and train people. We become more and more independant from other suppliers day by day, year by year. If something happens to a supplier of ours we can take those recipes (and which we constantly develop further) to another preproducer or make them in house. This built up of a new factory is very costly and redirects the entire income stream from Fotoimpex back into ADOX.
    Obviously we would like you (the customer) to prefer our brand over another if you feel this is something which you like to support.
    Btw. we plan to reintroduce the brand name Rodinal in the US market.

Mirko
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 07-30-2013 at 02:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin