Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,258   Online: 794

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I could not help but notice that EFKE and Maco/Rollei films in the 127 size had identical plastic spools with a brass insert for the film winder drive, Did Maco/Rollei and EFKE have some kind of cooperative effort going on in the 127 film business? AgX? Mirko? any comments on this 127 shared spools and backing paper between EFKE and Maco/Rollei 127 films in the past?

Anyway, I wonder who cuts and Packages the Agfa aviation films for Maco/Rollei and Lomography if it is not done by ADOX?

Is ADOX and InnovisCoat involved in producing the Lomochrome Purple 400 film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I could not help but notice that EFKE and Maco/Rollei films in the 127 size had identical plastic spools with a brass insert for the film winder drive, Did Maco/Rollei and EFKE have some kind of cooperative effort going on in the 127 film business?
    Yes. EFKE produced many things for Maco. Among others all 127 films. They also produced many things for us but we sold their 127 under the EFKE brand.

I cannot comment on Lomo products. I am only comenting on the 127 becaue this is past now and cannot be considered a trade secret anymore.

Mirko

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I keep saying the same about advertising, all the film companies should get together and do a group add campaign to remind people about film, many people think it's not even made anymore, so that would boost awareness, this can't be done by just one company the cost is too great for a worldwide advertising, but if you all came together for that one project it could really help inform people about film and also get a younger generation interested in it more than just lomography hipsters...

"Go use your dads old camera again" "capture some memories that last!" Etc.
    I agree with you. Difficult to do though. Most companies in the industry come from the old days, have huge overcapacities and hope for their competitor to exit soon so they can take over his market share. I do not agree with this. I think we can actually start increasing the level of sales again with a campaign like you mentioned and gain additional business. But most decision makers in the industry are not exactly young and interested in what´s happening 5 years from now....

Mirko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Who Cuts and packages the Agfa aviation films for Maco/Rollei?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You know what? Sooner or later I will figure out who the hell made Lomochrome Purple 400!

When the main players in this game say "No Comment" it surely narrows it down.....

So far I would say InovisCoat and ADOX did it! Anyone care to dispute???? or.... correct my assumption?

What in the Sam Hell is up with the European film producers? Won't you take pride in what you do?

I must admit I am getting a case of the Ass over this weird secrecy over the Maco/Rollei and Lomography secrecy over who makes their films!

Stand up and be counted! because you folks make great film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    What in the Sam Hell is up with the European film producers? Won't you take pride in what you do?!
    Probably because of this thing called a Non-Disclosure Agreement that prohibits them from doing just that.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    127 Format
    I agree it is probably due to a strong NDA from LOMO.

LOMO seems to have an obsession with confusing their customers into believing LOMO actually makes film.

It is understandable that they work awfully hard to protect that little bubble.

Pay No Attention To That Man Behind The Curtain.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just recieved "Shipping and Tracking Info" from the Lomography folks, My lomoChrome Purple 400 rolls are set to arrive on August 8th.

Time to set sail for "Mount Diesel Train", it's either Tehachapi Loop or Cajon Pass to see how this unusual film does for railroad photography!

This should be fun! Now.... Should I use my Leica or my Rolleiflex, or.. My Hasselblad? try a few colored filters?

What will the film box say on it? I'll bet it will say "Made in E.U."

It's Made in Germany!
    Last edited by Alpenhause; 08-02-2013 at 07:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    I agree with you. Difficult to do though. Most companies in the industry come from the old days, have huge overcapacities and hope for their competitor to exit soon so they can take over his market share. I do not agree with this. I think we can actually start increasing the level of sales again with a campaign like you mentioned and gain additional business. But most decision makers in the industry are not exactly young and interested in what´s happening 5 years from now....

Mirko
    Rodinal, Adonal, and the other clones? I'l bet they all do a great job! Too Much fun!

I remember the old original highly concentrated Agfa Rodinal of the 1970's, It came in a small tiny brown bottle, Dexter's of Ventura, California was kind enough to supply you with a hypodermic syringe to accurately measure out a correct "Dose" for developing, some of my friends jokingly thought I was "Shooting" this stuff up!

I still use a hypodermic syringe for measuring today's current crop of "Rodinals"

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    Rodinal, Adonal, and the other clones? I'l bet they all do a great job! Too Much fun!

I remember the old original highly concentrated Agfa Rodinal of the 1970's, It came in a small tiny brown bottle, Dexter's of Ventura, California was kind enough to supply you with a hypodermic syringe to accurately measure out a correct "Dose" for developing, some of my friends jokingly thought I was "Shooting" this stuff up!

I still use a hypodermic syringe for measuring today's current crop of "Rodinals"
    I use an cheap plastic scoop that came in my protein powder bottle, it's marked in increments of 10, 20, 30, etc to 60cc's(ml) so it's perfect, I stopped using syringes as they are too hard to clean and dry, and this little cup does really well haha

Also, so there was an even HIGHER concentration of Rodinal than today's version, are you sure?

I know in some markets/countries they have a lesser concentration but that is just because of some law about limits on chems. Also, it does make a difference, some of the clones don't have the same shelf life of official Rodinal (Adonal) and "go off" faster. So better to stick to the official one.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin