Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,634   Online: 943

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    So, even though this Lomochrome is called Lomo"chrome", it is a negative film? Color negatives for scanning or printing?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    So, even though this Lomochrome is called Lomo"chrome", it is a negative film? Color negatives for scanning or printing?
    Yes, because they are idiots and thought the name selling point was more important than naming it properly, also to confuse all the lomo-hipsters who don't really know that chrome means transparency.... annoying... I'm tempted to buy some just to bitch at them and return it claiming I thought it was CHROME film and it's not... lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    127 Format
    crazy old hipsters
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know, They should have called it LomoColor Purple Print Film.

I just shot up a roll at the Ventura County Fair a few hours ago, very colorful subjects, even the Union Pacific provided a nice freight train to photograph and a sunset, rated it at ASA 200, shot with a Lomo LCA.

Also loaded a Rollei 35 camera with some 10 year old Agfa CT Precisa Leverkusen film that I am going to have cross processed in C-41, this has always turned out quite awesome.

I wonder what The Image Source In Ventura, Ca is going to think about when they process and print what may be the rarest roll of film in Ventura County, perhaps a bit of explaining will be in order for this rather prestigeous professional lab, should be good, I have been using this lab for over 25 years

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    I know, They should have called it LomoColor Purple Print Film.

I just shot up a roll at the Ventura County Fair a few hours ago, very colorful subjects, even the Union Pacific provided a nice freight train to photograph and a sunset, rated it at ASA 200, shot with a Lomo LCA.

Also loaded a Rollei 35 camera with some 10 year old Agfa CT Precisa Leverkusen film that I am going to have cross processed in C-41, this has always turned out quite awesome.

I wonder what The Image Source In Ventura, Ca is going to think about when they process and print what may be the rarest roll of film in Ventura County, perhaps a bit of explaining will be in order for this rather prestigeous professional lab, should be good, I have been using this lab for over 25 years
    I don't know about this film... Educate me, what process is it supposed to use, why is it prestigious?

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is the Image Source Lab in Ventura, Ca that is prestigeous. Look up Lomochrome Purple film on the web, especially Flickr, see what the excitement is about, new shots are appearing on Flickr every day.

The film is orange masked C-41 color print film on acetate base made in Germany for the most part, cross processing in E-6 looks like a waste of time because it is an ordinary orange masked color print film.

Today I have seen 3 auctions on ebay for this film at over twice the price of the pre-order prices, it will be interesting to see if these 3 auctions sell for the exhorbitant prices.

The resulting images will come flying in on the web now that the first lot of rolls have been delivered, there are no longer any one hour minilabs in Ventura County that I could use, the last reliable ones were using exhausted chemistry so I am going to wait several days for Image Source Ventura to do my rolls, I know they will do it right without nasty surprises.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just Plain Nuts!

Upper shot is usually Agfachrome RSXII for comparison cross processed in C-41

Hey! wait a minute, look at the Lomochrome Sunset shots of the Union Pacific Railroad, What color are Union Pacific Locomotives? I know that that particular locomotive is a General Motors model SD-70 with a V-16 engine with about 4000 horsepower......

You gotta love custom ordered color films!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Duckies.jpg   limon.jpg   Fountain.jpg   LomoChromeSunset.jpg  
    Last edited by Alpenhause; 08-14-2013 at 02:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Lucky capture of the passing jet's shadow on that yellow orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    Just Plain Nuts!

Upper shot is usually Agfachrome RSXII for comparison cross processed in C-41

Hey! wait a minute, look at the Lomochrome Sunset shots of the Union Pacific Railroad, What color are Union Pacific Locomotives? I know that that particular locomotive is a General Motors model SD-70 with a V-16 engine with about 4000 horsepower......

You gotta love custom ordered color films!
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Lucky capture of the passing jet's shadow on that yellow orange.
    The shadow looks like it is from a toy (likely inflatable). Look to the upper left corner of the pictures.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is! it is a shadow of a toy, I should have whipped out the other camera with LomoChrome Purple at the time.

Has anyone seen LomoChrome Purple negatives? They are light green base color, not the usual orange base or mask color of normal color negative film.

I would imagine the light green mask facilitates easy printing for the lab, perhaps the green mask serves to restrain or accelerate certain colors during printing.

I would have loved to have been there when the technition at Image Source in Ventura, Ca pro lab started to print these unusual negatives, where do you go with the color balance if you have never seen or heard of Lomochrome Purple film?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin