Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,313   Online: 1034

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used the current cut sheet Fuji Crystal Archive and would suggest it isn't as pleasing to work with compared to the old now discontinued Kodak Supra Endura, all in Kodak Ektacolor RA chemistry. However, I found that Fujicolor film printed more easily onto the FCA paper compared to the Kodak Portra films; this may be related to dye-set compatibility.

Tom

Shooter
    Large Format
    The latest incarnation of Kodak edge pales in comparison to the old supra endura - very limited palette and wimpy blacks just like the Fuji ca.

Newsflash Drew - Kodak consolidated their Portra films long time ago. Oh, and it's no longer 1995. Funny that you think the only difference between the new papers and the old is 5cc's of green - this fact coupled with the stunning color rendition of your website signal the alarming degree of your colorblindness as of late.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    The crossover issue might be due to incorrect color balancing your film exposure itself.
    It's not the negative; we had quite a long Ektar thread here recently, and I took the many helpful comments you and others made on board. The negative prints well on Edge.

From comments here, I'm thinking that while my homebrew works well with most other papers, there must be something about it that doesn't work well with CAII. I'll order some Kodak developer and see if that makes a difference.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

printing characteristics of Fuji Crystal Archive 11 paper

I have been printing color negatives onto RA4 paper for many years... using previously available Kodak and Fuji Type C cut sheets. I have done careful testing of Type C vs. Type 11 and cannot see a significant difference in color saturation or contrast... both in printing photos of people and landscapes, and I strongly agree with Drew on this point. However, for those obsessed with needing to cut down rolls into sheets Varo Technical Services can professionally cut rolls into any size sheets (610-399-1223).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin