Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,830   Posts: 1,582,262   Online: 982
      
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 123
  1. #111
    wildbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,478
    Images
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    If you will not waste your time to cite a source I assume you have none. Do not post and say something unless you can back it up.
    You have about 3,000 post in the last year. Most of them are just your BS.
    Of course as you also posted,
    "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong."
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

    BS, that's bachelor of science, right?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

    I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

  2. #112
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,963
    Images
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    If you will not waste your time to cite a source I assume you have none. Do not post and say something unless you can back it up.
    You have about 3,000 post in the last year. Most of them are just your BS.
    Of course as you also posted,
    "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong."
    Really? How old are you?

    I use my phone and I'm not often on the computer so it would be very difficult to search posts, especially when the threads dealing with E-6 info often get to the 200+ post count, it would just be difficult and could take hours on my phone, it doesn't mean he didn't say it, if you want the information why don't you search all the threads I've posted in and then tell me it was easy to find.

    Just because someone doesn't want to cater to your will doesn't make them wrong.

    Why are you so hostile/aggressive about this anyway?


    Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  3. #113
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,752
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    Do not post and say something unless you can back it up.
    Is that the rule here? Can you back it up?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

  4. #114
    Truzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,253
    So, how 'bout that local sports team.
    Truzi

  5. #115
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,963
    Images
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Is that the rule here? Can you back it up?
    I don't believe you're asking a valid question, can I see another post where someone has asked this question before?


    Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  6. #116

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati Ohio USA
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    671
    I searched and While PE is not a fan of blix here is something he wrote:

    "There is no connection between archival quality and the use of blix or bleach-fix. The argument is removal of silver from color films which affects grain, sharpness and color repronduction. In E6 films, it can also affect whites."

    "With a blix, there is a chance to have silver retention with some film / blix combinations. This is due to the heavy silver load, the type of silver developed, and certain inhibitors used in color films to control image quality. The dyes also act to protect the silver from the bleach and so the dye cloud must be rendered penetrable by the blix.

    There are ways to limit any problems with blix kits.

    Use a long blix time! Use 2x – 4x the suggested time or more. It will not hurt. It does make the process longer.

    Mix the two parts right before use and in the quantity you are going to use. Don’t re-use it. But, this increases cost."


    The link to the full thread titled "Just how bad is blix vs bleach & fixer?" is here.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/6...ach-fixer.html


    Also of interest is the post "The definitive word (I hope) on color stabilzers! " by PE
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...tabilzers.html
    Last edited by brianmquinn; 08-01-2013 at 05:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

  7. #117
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,963
    Images
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    I searched and While PE is not a fan of blix here is something he wrote:

    "There is no connection between archival quality and the use of blix or bleach-fix. The argument is removal of silver from color films which affects grain, sharpness and color repronduction. In E6 films, it can also affect whites."

    "With a blix, there is a chance to have silver retention with some film / blix combinations. This is due to the heavy silver load, the type of silver developed, and certain inhibitors used in color films to control image quality. The dyes also act to protect the silver from the bleach and so the dye cloud must be rendered penetrable by the blix.

    There are ways to limit any problems with blix kits.

    Use a long blix time! Use 2x – 4x the suggested time or more. It will not hurt. It does make the process longer.

    Mix the two parts right before use and in the quantity you are going to use. Don’t re-use it. But, this increases cost."


    The link to the full thread titled "Just how bad is blix vs bleach & fixer?" is here.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/6...ach-fixer.html


    Also of interest is the post "The definitive word (I hope) on color stabilzers! " by PE
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...tabilzers.html
    I concede I was wrong about the archival bit but was correct about the colors being off bit.

    Either way I would prefer not to have to blix something for 2-3 times the amount if I don't have to.

    Either way its still not as good as a 6 bath and I'm not happy till a 6 bath exists for the US again.

    If you're happy with your 3 bath that's great, but I'm not.

    Thanks for doing the search, that was the thread I was thinking of.

    On a side note I'm glad you enjoy E-6 films, the more E-6 users the better.


    Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  8. #118

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati Ohio USA
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    671
    Agreed 6 step is "better" (reasons are listed in the threads linked to) but as long as there are ANY quality E6 kits it is good.
    I hate it when there is a bad product out there that makes people think it is all garbage and give up on color home processing.
    Even a good product can get a bad reputation if it is used incorrectly and then people start to bash it on the web.

  9. #119
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,963
    Images
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    Agreed 6 step is "better" (reasons are listed in the threads linked to) but as long as there are ANY quality E6 kits it is good.
    I hate it when there is a bad product out there that makes people think it is all garbage and give up on color home processing.
    Even a good product can get a bad reputation if it is used incorrectly and then people start to bash it on the web.
    Fair enough ill shush as yo not cause off-putting from E-6


    Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  10. #120
    Roger Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Suburbs of Atlanta, GA USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,200
    Good grief, what's the difference between extended time in one bath versus shorter times in two baths? In my case I'm using a Jobo and reading while the machine spins, with one eye on the timer anyway. While I don't want to take two hours or anything doubling blix time is a complete shrug.

    And as for colors etc. - again I compared a 6 and 3 bath kit from the same manufacturer and actually slightly preferred the 3 bath results. Not by any big margin as I doubt even the pickiest would have noted the difference unless looking closely for it side by side.

    And it doesn't actually cost more to use the blix and discard when it comes in a kit of the same quantity as the other solutions. It would if you bought it separately.

    I can understand preferring 6 when available but the fact they aren't readily available is really a non-issue.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin