Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,591   Online: 842

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    $16/a roll here in the US. No wonder nobody buys it. Great film though.
    I don't know where you're getting that but it's about half that...

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ok not half, but not $16 either...

It was $9 I think before the Fuji increase earlier this year.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/496810-USA

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    Oh!

I MOSTLY avoid 35mm haha except for panoramics, but then I use a tripod for sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    400X is around $27 a roll (120) /146 5 roll ProPack here in Australia. Not much more expensive than Velvia but the least popular of any of Fuji's 'chromes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really only shoot transparency in 35mm for projection. B&W and color print in 120 and 4x5. I do shoot print film in 35mm too when lighter quicker handling cameras, zoom lenses or faster lenses than I have in 120 are needed.

I'm probably going to pick up some 400X in 120 but other than the fact I won't be able to layer I really don't know why!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I really only shoot transparency in 35mm for projection. B&W and color print in 120 and 4x5. I do shoot print film in 35mm too when lighter quicker handling cameras, zoom lenses or faster lenses than I have in 120 are needed.

I'm probably going to pick up some 400X in 120 but other than the fact I won't be able to layer I really don't know why!
    I just want to see my chromes on a light box in 4x5...I could stare for hours...

Also Roger I picked up an Agfa super slide projector at a good will but it was missing the tray, I think I remember hearing you discuss them, do you have any extra trays? It's a line tray instead of a circular one as far as I can tell.

And WOW Australia film prices are just silly, I would probably quit film at those prices, that's 5 times the price of some films here...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    [...]
    And WOW Australia film prices are just silly, I would probably quit film at those prices, that's 5 times the price of some films here...

Yes indeed. It's the prime reason shoppers desert bricks and mortar retail for online. All my film is bought on eBay from a dealer buying wholesale from Fujifilm Australia — no overheads, GST, staff costs, mark-up...whatever else is summarily tacked on by retailers that makes the price so much a disincentive for people to use and enjoy film (especially students who are turned off the cost and migrate without second thought to digital).
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I just want to see my chromes on a light box in 4x5...I could stare for hours...

Also Roger I picked up an Agfa super slide projector at a good will but it was missing the tray, I think I remember hearing you discuss them, do you have any extra trays? It's a line tray instead of a circular one as far as I can tell.

Nope, no spare trays. I had an old...forget the brand, but a projector I had in high school when I couldn't afford a Kodak, that used straight trays, but it's long gone or buried in my parents' basement in TN. I have a Medalist projector and some carousel trays, but I use those. I don't have a medium format projector. I think "super slides" where slides nearly 2" square that were shot on medium format and mounted in mounts with thin margins for projection in 35mm projectors. I've never seen one or used them, but I would get a medium format projector IF the film weren't going away. 6x6 or even 6x4.5 slides have to be awesome (6x7 even more so, but then the projector price and rarity goes up a great deal.)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Nope, no spare trays. I had an old...forget the brand, but a projector I had in high school when I couldn't afford a Kodak, that used straight trays, but it's long gone or buried in my parents' basement in TN. I have a Medalist projector and some carousel trays, but I use those. I don't have a medium format projector. I think "super slides" where slides nearly 2" square that were shot on medium format and mounted in mounts with thin margins for projection in 35mm projectors. I've never seen one or used them, but I would get a medium format projector IF the film weren't going away. 6x6 or even 6x4.5 slides have to be awesome (6x7 even more so, but then the projector price and rarity goes up a great deal.)
    Why do you say MF is "going away"?

I have a bunch of 6x6 slide mounts but I'm hesitant to cut the 6x7 images since they all look better in that ratio than in 6x6

Oh well, I'll keep looking

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin