Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,928   Online: 1062

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You need a 6x4.5 back for your RB67 - and some 6x4.5 mounts.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Why do you say MF is "going away"?

I have a bunch of 6x6 slide mounts but I'm hesitant to cut the 6x7 images since they all look better in that ratio than in 6x6

Oh well, I'll keep looking

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean that E6 film in general is clearly on its way out, so I am reluctant to spend money on a medium format projector and slide mounts at this stage. I don't mean that 120 black and white or color neg are (yet for color neg) in any danger of being gone very soon.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We've been hearing "E6 is dead!" for like the last 10 years now. Personally I think it's an incredibly beautiful medium and more people should be using it for color. I shoot it in every format I use, along with c-41, and b/w.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Think what you like but we are now down to three currently produced emulsions or, more accurately, TWO films, one of which comes in two speeds - Velvia 50 and 100 and Provia 100.

In 2010 when I was doing my "farewell to Kodachrome" I moved on to Astia, which was then canceled. Then I moved to E100G, then Kodak quit making all E6 films. Now Fuji has dropped Provia 400X.

It takes a monumental effort at whistling past the graveyard not to acknowledge that E6 has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.
    Last edited by Roger Cole; 07-24-2013 at 04:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Think what you like but we are now down to three currently produced emulsions or, more accurately, TWO films, one of which comes in two speeds - Velvia 50 and 100 and Provia 100.

In 2010 when I was doing my "farewell to Kodachrome" I moved on to Astia, which was then canceled. Then I moved to E100G, the Kodak quit making all E6 films. Now Fuji has dropped Provia 400X.

It takes a monumental effort at whistling past the graveyard not to acknowledge that E6 has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.
    Not to mention the enormous increases in price for E6 film during all those years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [...]

Very, very true.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    We've been hearing "E6 is dead!" for like the last 10 years now. Personally I think it's an incredibly beautiful medium and more people should be using it for color. I shoot it in every format I use, along with c-41, and b/w.

I had irrational friends telling me that 'digital is here! Film will be dead soon!' in 1997! I don't remember seeing any digital camera in 1997, but my sister bought one in 2000. Unfortunately, film greatly outlived a couple of those friends who did not heed my advice to dabble in photography or some stimulating art pursuit instead of mischief. Ultiimately...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Best word picture of the month winner right there...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Yes, but remember we are the ones touting film SUPPORT, so if you don't want to support it, at least don't spread the idea of it being dead, because some amateur comes along, and reads that, and never bothers, it helps to keep it going if you keep the dream alive.

Anyway I'm going to continue to shoot it as long as it's around and enjoy it all the same, because it's just AMAZING stuff.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What, film in general or E6?

Truth is, I generally prefer prints and print film, but I've been shooting mostly slides the past couple of years when I shoot color because I DO like to project them and I figure I'd best do it while I can.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin