Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,119   Online: 942

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Question (2 actually)

1. With those mailers can you send more than one roll of film in each mailer?

And two, how much are they?

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    One roll per mailer. The mailer is proof you paid Fuji to develop one roll of E6 film developed and get it mailed back to you. But sometimes when I send several rolls off I put several mailers in a box to save me on the postage to get it to Dwayne's
    For price just click on the link.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I remember way back in the old days... that's the mid to late '70's... Fujichrome and Agfachrome came with the mailer included. The Agfachrome mailer was a white cloth pouch, not a paper envelope. Very classy looking.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    I remember way back in the old days... that's the mid to late '70's... Fujichrome and Agfachrome came with the mailer included. The Agfachrome mailer was a white cloth pouch, not a paper envelope. Very classy looking.
    All the old agfa stuff always seemed classier to me, even their roll film canisters were nice metal with screw on caps and a rubber O ring seal...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For most of its life, all Kodachrome sold in Canada included processing in its price. Kodak included a convenience envelope in the package, but it was the film cassette itself that confirmed that the processing was pre-paid.

In the US, Kodak was prohibited from selling the film including processing as a result of a consent decree issued in an anti-trust case initiated by the US government.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    For most of its life, all Kodachrome sold in Canada included processing in its price. Kodak included a convenience envelope in the package, but it was the film cassette itself that confirmed that the processing was pre-paid.

In the US, Kodak was prohibited from selling the film including processing as a result of a consent decree issued in an anti-trust case initiated by the US government.
    Yea, the US government is dumb... at least with that... I would venture a guess that if process payed film were still allowed, film would have gone on a bit longer, and Kodachrome might have been around a few more years as well. The convenience of not leaving your house for things is not to be laughed at...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought process paid film (Scotch/3M I think) marketed as Focal) at K-Mart at least in the late 70s. I don't know how broadly that decree applied.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It applied only to Kodak. It was finally rescinded in the 90's, and the gummint fought that!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Yea, the US government is dumb... at least with that...
    Do a little research on the Kodak anti-trust case before you call it dumb.
    Would you pay $100 for a roll of C41 film and developing? That is what it used to cost in today's dollars.
    And Kodak was in a habit of buying it's competition then shutting them down or raising he price of the product after they owned the it all.
    We only got some price adjustments when Fuji came on strong in the USA.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    Do a little research on the Kodak anti-trust case before you call it dumb.
    Would you pay $100 for a roll of C41 film and developing? That is what it used to cost in today's dollars.
    And Kodak was in a habit of buying it's competition then shutting them down or raising he price of the product after they owned the it all.
    We only got some price adjustments when Fuji came on strong in the USA.
    Could you buy kodak film without the process payed?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes you could. The point of the order was Kodak owned the majority of the film making and developing in the US. Preventing them from selling process paid mailers was an attempt to get some competition in the market.

http://www.justice.gov/atr/cases/f0000/0096.htm#9

"The markets for color film and color photofinishing in 1954 were indisputably controlled by Kodak" (J.A. 75). Kodak had over 90% of the amateur color negative film market in 1954 (J.A. 214). Kodak did the photofinishing on all of its own color film (J.A. 220-21), because it controlled the technology, and because its photofinishing was included in the cost of the film (J.A. 234).(9)

9. The customer or retail dealer mailed the exposed film to Kodak for processing, and the prints were returned by mail in two to three weeks (J.A. 219-20). Kodak did the photofinishing of color film in large laboratories, supervised by engineers, due to the sensitivity of the process (J.A. 217-19). It refused, however, to process film produced by any other company, because its equipment could be contaminated by different chemicals they used (J.A. 220-21).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin