Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,464   Online: 927

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I thought it was made in Europe and not in China!

PE
    I was going to say that but the way I worded it sounded racist and deleted it lol. But yours was ok. I need to learn to speak!

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For a thread titled Ilford Color Film? I'm mildly surprised that Simon has not yet shown up here to gently slap some sense into us. Being able to tell us "no way, no how, not now, not ever" and then have us all profusely thank him afterward for that response is quite the unique skill he possesses. And uses to great effect. Perhaps he is on holiday?

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I were Simon I'd be doing the same thing that I'd be doing if I were me (which I am).

Grabbing the popcorn and watching all the speculation...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ilford is currently stable. It would be bad for them to take the risk of diversifying into color film. It is likely that the money expended would have little return thus leading to their collapse. I would far rather have a stable manufacturer of color film than one teetering on the edge trying to produce color film. I really like Ilford black and white films and would hate to see them go away because of a stupid decision. It is best that they stick to their niche.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilford does have a film distribution network set up, and finishing and packaging equipment.

So if they wanted to partner with a manufacturer .....
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's not colour, but Ilford currently have a C41 process film.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, they do. And it's a very good one.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Ilford does have a film distribution network set up, and finishing and packaging equipment.

So if they wanted to partner with a manufacturer .....
    Ilford's distribution world-wide is excellent, I switched back to Ilford films after a break of about 20 years because I just couldn't buy Tmax easily when travelling. What suprised me was Ilford films were readily available but so were Foma.

It wouldn't be the first time Ilford partnered with another company, they had links with Konica/Sakura and manufactured some films for Fuji.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    It's not colour, but Ilford currently have a C41 process film.

Steve.
    Do you mean the BWC-41 they have? or something else I'm not aware of?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Do you mean the BWC-41 they have?
    Yes. XP2.

I was wondering if the fact that it was C41 meant they were close to having colour capability or if the colour part adds a lot of extra complexity.

It obviously does but are they over half way there already with a C41 film?

Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin