Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,723   Posts: 1,514,997   Online: 1218

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122232428 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    I hate living in a day and time when everything I have spent a lifetime getting good at is all dying. I don't want to "save" film from extinction; I do not want to be an activist.--I just want it to be there. I abhor the activist mentality, and will not be one on this subject either. If the rest of the world wants to walk around with their pants pulled down and a cellphone pocket god, I will turn my sore eyes in another direction. I have no intention of participating in their careless lifestyle.
    Last edited by Tom1956; 07-25-2013 at 12:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I hate living in a day and time when everything I have spent a lifetime getting good at is all dying. I don't want to "save" film from extinction; I do not want to be an activist.--I just want it to be there. I abhor the activist mentality, and will not be one on this subject either. If the rest of the world wants to walk around with their pants pulled down and a cellphone pocket god, I will turn my sore eyes in another direction. I have no intention of participating in their careless lifestyle.
    You better stop having sex then too...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    You better stop having sex then too...
    Do people still do that?!!!

Steve.

Shooter
    Large Format
    No intent to sound as if I'm on a rant, as that wasn't my intent. Perhaps I would rather convey to not be a worry wart. as for sex, not with these women around here. Maybe up in Connecticut you still have women. These women down here are what we might call "walmart customers", in the most delicate terms I can muster.
    Last edited by Tom1956; 07-25-2013 at 01:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Quite true. I suspect there are at least some die hard analog users like me who have their limits. It can't all be about analog for the sake of analog regardless of quality. For B&W too. Kodak makes great stuff. Ilford makes great stuff. As a B&W shooter, realistically, if they disappear, I doubt I'll be able to continue. And if Ilford were to go into colour materials on any scale I think it would spell the end for Ilford B&W (and colour). Sorry but we're talking about analog photography in a digital world, so yes the glass is half empty. Sorry to be a downer, Ken N., but how many analog people print colour?
    It's heresy but one reason I've not gotten back into color printing was that I never enjoyed it as much as black and white printing. I like making color images well enough, but I just don't enjoy the process itself that much, unlike black and white. I'm often tempted to just go digital for color anyway.

OTOH, in black and white it's really the process I'm in love with. If I could get nothing else I'd still do black and white with Foma and Orwo, for example, or coat my own large format film/plates. Heck, I really love the wet plates I've seen and want to do that some day anyway, even if conventional materials are still available. Plus the process is just so retro cool.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    No intent to sound as if I'm on a rant, as that wasn't my intent. Perhaps I would rather convey to not be a worry wart. as for sex, not with these women around here. Maybe up in Connecticut you still have women. These women down here are what we might call "walmart customers", in the most delicate terms I can muster.
    Wonder what they think when they see you... hmmm haha
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Wonder what they think when they see you... hmmm haha
    Can they actually think ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stone, if digital is better than E6, then why do you use E6 instead of digital?

But, OTOH, as you and Ken point out, there is a market for Lobo and TIP products. This is one that went by under my radar and I am sorry. Yes, it may be a viable source of customers, but these customers will tend to be less critical that most of us wrt color, grain and sharpness. So yes, I do agree with you on those points.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Here is the thing for all the memebrs that say 'Oh hell no' to Ilford color.

The trend for film is extinction. No one can argue with that. My feelings are we should welcome any attempt a company makes at preserving film.

If not, we will all be buying expired film on Ebay to feed our cams.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would like Ilford to market some color films, not necessarily make them. Seems like they are the only company that has their act together with regard to a long-term plan, marketing, and customer service.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin