Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,899   Online: 1161

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20242526272829303132 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I wonder if anyone has come up with some sort of thin-film photovoltaics that are made by multi layer deposits on polyester ??? (ie. Harman could have a nice little earner there).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Well I guess we ave all determined by now that Ilford won't be making color Film !
    Not today. Not tomorrow. And not next week.

Only time will tell...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    I wonder if anyone has come up with some sort of thin-film photovoltaics that are made by multi layer deposits on polyester ??? (ie. Harman could have a nice little earner there).
    Many photo-chemical manufactures are in some way busy with active electrical coatings on Polyester base. Kodak actually aimed at going into production of flexible solar cells.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anyone have a TARDIS? You could zip back 10 years or so and get your Kodachrome film processed. Hey, you could even get sheet film and get it processed. And your favorite "deceased" lines of film would still be around.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post

The total amount of California's electricity that wind produces for all those thousands of acres of land, all that visual blight, all those bird deaths, all the 30+ years of heavy subsidies just to get it to the point of something close to competitive? 1.5% That's right. One and a half percent. Less than one terawatt.
    I need to correct this typo. Should say: Less than one terawatt is produced by the San Gorgonio Pass wind farms. About 5.5 terawatts are produced throughout the state.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Many photo-chemical manufactures are in some way busy with active electrical coatings on Polyester base. Kodak actually aimed at going into production of flexible solar cells.
    I know

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Anyone have a TARDIS? You could zip back 10 years or so and get your Kodachrome film processed. Hey, you could even get sheet film and get it processed. And your favorite "deceased" lines of film would still be around.
    I think the practical applications of a time-machine may be larger than that of a Kodachrome processing machine. What sort of colour-couplers would we need for the tardis though?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

PE
    It might be easier to just build a replicator machine ala Star Trek. Then we can order the machine to replicate any film/emulsion we want and the chemicals to process it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, a time machine would be useful. But, we would only need to form a blue color for a TARDIS. One good thing here!

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    When this thread reaches 300 posts, will the moderators close it? I really don't think Ilford is interested in making color film. Just a gut feeling, mind you.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin