Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,985   Online: 1005

Page 1 of 32 123456711 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Ilford color film?

As the choices for color film shrinks, do you think Ilford will start making color film? Have they ever done any work in color film development?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes Ilford used to make colour film but they've no plans to return to that sector of the market.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    How was their color film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmycam View Post
    It was colour.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    It was colour.
    Hmm... Never been a fan of colour film. Personally, color film just suits my style better.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    Hmm... Never been a fan of colour film. Personally, color film just suits my style better.
    I genuinely had to read that a good five times before I got it.
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    I genuinely had to read that a good five times before I got it.
    nick had better hope Kodak sticks around then, if he wants U-free color film.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmycam View Post
    The original Ilford Colour Slide film (up to the early 1960's) was a similar process to older Kodachrome....I have some slides taken by my Grandfather which still look great. Later versions and their colour negative films went through various forms, and (according to my Dad) lagged behind the market leaders Kodak (and Agfa). I believe the last of their colour neg film was an own-label version from Konica?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a roll of Ilfochrome that I need to process, it was rebadged E6 film, Ilford have had links with Fuji & Konica. They made some Fuji B&W folms at one point, they've also made B&W paper for Japanese companies. Ilford aimed to return to the colour market in the late 1970's or very early 80's and so began marketing rebadged negative and positive colour films, they even had a designated piece of land (still empty) at Mobberly for a possible colour coating facility.

When I was in Istanbul about 3 years ago there was Ilford colour film on the shelves of the Turkish importer, I should have bought a few rolls.

Ian

Page 1 of 32 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin