Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,573   Online: 963

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    haha, and how do you propose I develop the paper... since it's Cibichrome? LOL

Honestly I'm just so done with old film/paper, etc, it was fun for the past year I've been doing all sorts of experiments, learned how to do a lot of fun stuff, but ultimately I want to be shooting more current dated film. I also don't have a darkroom at all so I use a changing bag, imagine trying to cut paper in a changing bag... not a tent, a bag... ugh the nightmare! I don't enjoy that part at all, some do, I don't.
    As sickening as it is, just throw it out and get it off your mind. The computer and it's digital devices have destroyed a lot of things for a lot of people. This is clearly one of them. Cibachrome is forever lost, and it is a shame and a disgrace. But that's just the way it is. Sometimes I console myself that one day in heaven, we'll have these wonderful things back somehow. Unless I end up shoveling coal and begging for a glass of icewater

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    As sickening as it is, just throw it out and get it off your mind. The computer and it's digital devices have destroyed a lot of things for a lot of people. This is clearly one of them. Cibachrome is forever lost, and it is a shame and a disgrace. But that's just the way it is. Sometimes I console myself that one day in heaven, we'll have these wonderful things back somehow. Unless I end up shoveling coal and begging for a glass of icewater
    Somehow I suspect even your glass of ice water would only be empty...

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If it is really CIBACHROME and not ILFOCHROME it is 30+ years old, completely worthless, and not worth another second.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post

Frankly, I'm glad it's gone. Move on.
    I speak from long, long and often bitter experience with that beast. Probably a few others here on APUG can do that too.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sorry, but it's hard. Once in a while you would have a beautiful print with a totally flawless glass surface that would last forever. Never saw a glossier photo before or since.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, you'd get a beautiful print with a mirror finish if the original image was well exposed and balanced and within the restrictive two-piece contrast variance of the material; and if the raw material wasn't micro-scratched, crimped, stained, impacted or just plain faulty (or how about "sorry, must have been lost in transit"?). Lost!? Yeah.
    The mean life of conservation framed Ilfochromes is 450~500 years in ideal conditions of storage and display. Unframed/raw print 'chromes will never get to that length of time. I know, I know, we won't be around to look back on our fabulous work "way back when" but hey, there's no harm in leaving a lasting image.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin