Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,544   Posts: 1,544,418   Online: 1078

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    It's official! (Take from the other thread about Ferrania...)

http://www.filmferrania.it/blog/2013/8/1/chrome

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    127 Format
    I just hope they price it reasonably, it can't compete at the same price as FUJI.

Keep it under $6 USD a roll and I will buy at least 20 rolls a year.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    I just hope they price it reasonably, it can't compete at the same price as FUJI.

Keep it under $6 USD a roll and I will buy at least 20 rolls a year.
    I will buy it if it is cheaper than Fiji significantly in 4x5 sizes ... Assuming it has good color saturation.

If its good for skin I'll shoot Ferrania for people and Fuji for mountains and landscapes.

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I might consider using Ferrania E6 products if I am given a few samples to test and QC. I certainly do not rely on company or corporate spin about how good a product is. A lot of money has been wasted like that. You go to their party, they give you the cake. Then eat it and tell them about it. The world too. At the moment, there is no competition for Fujfilm's E6 emulsions and they do the job well — for now. I would be very, very surprised if there is any other company out there planning to stand tall alongside Fujifilm in anything from consistent quality to the nuance of colour palette and contrast. We'll have to sit back and watch what eventuates.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nworth View Post
    Ferrania has been around for a long time. They made a lot of the house branded color film (both negative and reversal) in the 70s though 90s, although they existed earlier. In Europe, they also distributed film under there own name. I think they were the ones who made 3M's film. Quality was considerably worse than Kodak, but price was a good deal less, too.
    I use to buy the 3M film (employee discount) and it was garbage. Very green cast. Even if it was free you would not want it. Hopefully, this will be better.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Their blog post states it was the Imation version of Scotch Chrome they are basing it on and not the 3M version.

http://www.filmferrania.it/blog/2013/8/1/chrome

They state it's being 're-engineered' but the datasheet for the Imation Scotch Chrome already indicates good colour.

Shooter
    35mm
    I hope it's a success and then they try to re-engineer Scotch Chrome 1000
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Don't forget that Ferrania may be able to economically coat much lower quantities than Kodak or Fuji. We may or may not like Ferrania's products when they are released, but chances are that they will be the only game in town when they hit the market.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Their blog post states it was the Imation version of Scotch Chrome they are basing it on and not the 3M version.
    3M once bought Ferrania. Later in that period 3M named their imaging department "Imation".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "The new film is a re-engineered version of the Scotch Chrome 100 previously produced by the IMATION company and it does not have anything in common with the old 3M slide film from '70s"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin