Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,056   Online: 1032

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Woooohooooo! Just bought a slide projector! Then reading this, double score 1Q14 can't come fast enough!
    Andy

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I really hope they change the name, I don't like "scotch chrome" as a name, it sounds lame, Ferrania should make it something Italian or at least part of their brand, like Ferrachrome100 or something haha
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would expect them to not use the Scotchchrome name. 3M owns the name "Scotch", and I would bet they still hold the rights to the name "Scotchchrome".
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I too expect another name and they are using Scotchrome just as a reference for now. Also, some classy packaging and presentation; "Solaris easy photography" is rather "meh" and not relevant anymore.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    How's about this.....Ferrania partners with the estate of the late-great Fredrico Fellini, get a re-release of Fellini's films with the reprints done on Ferrania's cine projection stock. While concurrently releasing: Fellinichrome

Posters of Fellini and Ferrania brand abound the streets....

Massive return-to-film-movement starts in Italy and spreads throughout the planet!
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    3M owns the name "Scotch"
    There are a few distilleries in Scotland who would argue otherwise!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    How's about this.....Ferrania partners with the estate of the late-great Fredrico Fellini, get a re-release of Fellini's films with the reprints done on Ferrania's cine projection stock. While concurrently releasing: Fellinichrome

Posters of Fellini and Ferrania brand abound the streets....

Massive return-to-film-movement starts in Italy and spreads throughout the planet!
    we can dream, if anyone could make it happen it would be the passionate artistic Italians

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    There are a few distilleries in Scotland who would argue otherwise!

Steve.
    3M owns the name "Scotch" for some products which are not related to liquor.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I really hope they change the name, I don't like "scotch chrome" as a name, it sounds lame, Ferrania should make it something Italian or at least part of their brand, like Ferrachrome100 or something haha
    Ferrachrome just makes me though in something with iron salts, like a Cyanotype slide!
    Liguriachrome is a good name also!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I still think they should have started with a film faster than 100 if capable of it. There is NO other competition left in new film, just remaining stock of Provia 400X. With a 100 speed film they are going head to head with Provia 100 and Velvia 100. If it's significantly different than either of those (lower contrast like Astia would be my hope) it may stand out, otherwise they'd have to compete on price.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin