Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,160   Online: 916

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

New Color Film Negative and Slide Production in 2014

Saw this posted on Thom Hogan's site..... Ferrania is saying they will start ISO 100 negative and reversal film production by early 2014.

http://www.filmferrania.it/blog/2013...great-feedback

I've never heard of them but any news of new film production is encouraging.

Another link:
    http://petapixel.com/2013/07/30/shut...k-in-the-game/
    Last edited by Lamar; 07-31-2013 at 03:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    220 film again?We'll see.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    They said they're only putting out what the market requests? Well, put me down for all of it! I'm a collector and getting film for some of these things is unimaginably hard in my position. Hah.
    Check out my website!

Yashica T4, Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Yashica-D.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ferrania is a "old" Italian company. Many of the movies in the fifties have been filmed with ferrania BW rolls.
    Here is a sample. http://www.antoniodecurtis.com/piovaro.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great news!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't consider this good news I used Ferrania E6 slide films 20 odd years ago and they were crap almost as bad as ORWO, not in the same ball park as Kodak and Fuji.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    I did a search on Flickr and found a dedicated group for Ferrania Solaris film. As expected, lots of poor scans and/or exposures but a few good scans scattered around. Hard to tell much about the film though since most of the images are reduced in size considerably and who knows what kind of post processing was done. The shots seem to be mostly 200 and 400 Solaris film.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/ferrani...oto_6949097265

Based on what I've seen on Flickr I will try a few rolls when it comes out just to see. It's nice to have options.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I don't consider this good news I used Ferrania E6 slide films 20 odd years ago and they were crap almost as bad as ORWO, not in the same ball park as Kodak and Fuji.
    Twenty years is a long period. Let's try. maybe things have improved

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    A little harsh, considering we're down to one E6 producer (plus the repacked Agfa aerial stuff which, with respect to the company concerned, hasn't yet been established as an ongoing reliable product), we might be glad that someone has enough faith to at least try to reintroduce an option. And it doesn't follow that any new Ferrania product will be the same as 20 odd years ago?

(And, actually, it would be rather nice if the Orwo factory was still in production rather than being a big area of waste ground. )

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
    I did a search on Flickr and found a dedicated group for Ferrania Solaris film. As expected, lots of poor scans and/or exposures but a few good scans scattered around. Hard to tell much about the film though since most of the images are reduced in size considerably and who knows what kind of post processing was done. The shots seem to be mostly 200 and 400 Solaris film.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/ferrani...oto_6949097265
    Within the limits of the scans, etc., there's some nice, and well-seen, shots on there.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin