Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,733   Online: 808

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can sell you some expired fugi Superia 400
    It was garish the last time I shot it but I think thats the way it's supposed to be.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Folks- we're talking about Kodak GOLD here... that stuff was designed to basically never die - it's the zombie of 35mm roll film. Kodak engineers made it so it would produce useable images after sitting in the glove box for a year, or capturing three successive Christmases before being processed. So it would take a LOT to get it to go bad. Buy some in winter-time and store it in the furnace room over the winter, ideally next to or on top of a gas or oil furnace. I don't think an electric heat pump is going to cut it. Maybe put it in a Ziploc bag, making sure the bag is watertight, and then boil it on the stove until the pot runs dry.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Guru View Post
    You are assuming the film is 35mm. The OP never said, for all we know it could be 120mm or sheet film.
    There's no such thing as 120mm roll film... Hehe

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Also, we're was the OP the last 2 months when I was selling all my expired gold film haha!

I have 2 rolls left, do you want to compare my actual expired gold to your experimented fake expired?

Also, flying camera, my Kodak gold looked awful, I don't think it's as much a zombie as you think.

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've tried to "harm" different photographic materials (film, paper) in the past in order to get the "expired" or "old" look on the picture, sometimes with visible results. There were times though, that the manipulation (heating, scratching, boiling etc) had no visible result at all. It depends on the type of material and (of course) the way someone tries to harm it... in the end, I didn't really succeed to end up with an infallible method of producing such effects...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another difficulty for OP may be controlling the kind and the amount of damage caused to the film. I would this he/she would want the damage to fall somewhere between none at all and totally trashed. It may be easier to do this post processing, like get a film processed and torture the strip via various method before printing.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    If the OP, or anyone else wants it, I have some rolls of Fuji Superia 400(?) that has been sitting in my RV for 2 years.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Also, we're was the OP the last 2 months when I was selling all my expired gold film haha!

I have 2 rolls left, do you want to compare my actual expired gold to your experimented fake expired?

Also, flying camera, my Kodak gold looked awful, I don't think it's as much a zombie as you think.

I used to work in a minilab - I know of wherefore I speak. I probably printed several thousand rolls of the stuff in the course of my four years at the store. The only time we saw stuff that looked BAD was when it was old enough to qualify for a drivers license. This is not to say we didn't get stuff that showed signs of aging (decreased contrast, increased grain, color shifts), but it was almost never unprintable and rarely hideous.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    But he did say it is Kodak Gold.
    I've still got some 120 size rolls of Gold 100 in my freezer.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    I've still got some 120 size rolls of Gold 100 in my freezer.
    None unexpired, I expect.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin