Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,991   Online: 797

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1-Canon A1
    2-Ektachrome non-pro whatever was at store (some kodachrome too; hadn't started e6 development at home yet)
    0thers - too poor; nothing printed, slides only - and couldn't afford a slide projector or even light table, so all slides viewed against light bulb or with cheap battery viewer!

Robert J. Liebermann
    photos: http://rjl.us/photo
    Eureka Alaska/Vermillion Michigan USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by skystrick View Post
    Just curious to see how much the last 25 years has changed the field of photography...

Just for fun!

Okay, back in 1988, what were you using for:
    (1) Top most-used camera?
    (2) Top most-used color film?
    (3) Top most-used paper?
    (4) B&W enlarger w/ color pack, dichro color enlarger, or somethine else? - Bonus points if you can you remember the model!

If 1988's too specific, we can just say "the 1980s". :-)
    same stuff I'm using now -- finally managed to wear out the Leica CL I bought in '75, but the M3 I used in 88 (purchased in 77) is still going strong. Used HP5 then, using tri-x now because arista rebadged a bunch and it's cheap, but also still using Ilford panf. Color film then/now was/is fuji, Ilford multigrad FB, then and now, and the same Focomat Ic enlarger I bought in 1980/

I did pick up a minox, fujimoto G70 dichro and Durst Laborator enlarger along the way. the models of all this stuff are easy because they're still down in my darkroom.

So you're saying other folks have changed?

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gee they were the good ol' days of long-haul bicycle touring...

*** Canon T90 w/ FD 28-105mm f3.5
    *** Kodachrome 200 (professional version)
    (3) Top most-used paper?
    *** Cibachrome (as it was known then), RA4
    (4) B&W enlarger w/ color pack, dichro color enlarger, or somethine else? - Bonus points if you can you remember the model!
    *** Used a friend's country darkroom: 3 enlargers (all dichroic) I can recall in his studio/darkroom. I dabbled in B&W there occasionally (Panatomic X) while my friend shot everything exclusively on colour film (Kodak, definitely) as his work was all weddings/receptions. The only real free-time we had together in the darkroom was Sunday afternoons when he had cleared shoots, proofing, sorting and presentation tasks.

Camera and film shared a big handlebar bag on what was then the "newest and boldest" style of bicycle touring: an MTB bike. I covered many thousands of kilometres around Australia (also including the then primitive crossing to Tasmania) and a guided tour in New Zealand with this kit, all the while shooting Kodachrome (when I look back on those slides now I see how much we have aged since we were fresh-faced, wide-eyed and wrinkle-free!!). Decades later I retain a soft spot of affection for the T90.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 08-18-2013 at 04:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    -Camera was a Minolta X-500 or a Agfa rangefinder. Both Cameras are actually still in use...
    -Prefered Color Film at this time was agfa xrg100, BW agfapan 100 or Ilford fp4
    -Paper for bw prints was ilford rc, fixed graduation, EP2 was phased out around this time and I converted to RA4 too. I think my used tura parer was a Agfa repack...
    Actually I`m a bit unsure about the purchase date of the color enlargerer . After school (and school lab) there was a break for a some jears, then I got a wonderful Durst AC707.

Regards stefan

Shooter
    35mm
    (1) Kodachrome 64
    (2) Olympus OM-1n
    (3) B&W only in my darkroom and a mixture of Ilford and Agfa (old stock Brovira)
    (4) An LPL 3301D
    " ... a cook who relies on nothing but a sharp knife has no guarantee of producing excellent dishes." - Yoshihisa Maitani

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought an Olympus OM-4T in November of 1987 and I didn't touch another camera for over a year.
    I used a lot of Fuji consumer slide film and a little Kodak Gold 100. A year or two later I was using quite a bit of Kodak Ektachrome 100 HC.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Minolta 7000i / Kodachrome, some form of Kodak "gold" - Fujicolor .
    - J. Richard
    4x5 Speed Graphic, Looking for another 8x10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Minolta X700 Mamiya C220
    Kodak, Fuji, and Ilford and a mix of slide and print.
    Lenses Minolta 28,50, and 135. Vivitar 200 and Soligor 70-150 Zoom. 80mm for the C220.
    I had a Durst 35mm enlarger
    Kodak Polycontrast RC and some others.
    In 87 I was 40!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by skystrick View Post
    Just curious to see how much the last 25 years has changed the field of photography...

Just for fun!

(3) Top most-used paper?

If 1988's too specific, we can just say "the 1980s". :-)
    1 - Linhof STIV
    2 - Kodak PKR-64 in a 56x72 Super Rollex back. Agfachrome E6 in 35.
    3 - Cibachrome
    4 - Omega D2 with a set of filters.

I still have and use the Linhof, there's one roll of PKR left in the freezer, all the Ciba stuff is long since used up, and the D2 is still my one and only enlarger.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin