Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,928   Online: 805

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Time-travel back to 1988...what were you using?--Color

Just curious to see how much the last 25 years has changed the field of photography...

Just for fun!

Okay, back in 1988, what were you using for:
    (1) Top most-used camera?
    (2) Top most-used color film?
    (3) Top most-used paper?
    (4) B&W enlarger w/ color pack, dichro color enlarger, or somethine else? - Bonus points if you can you remember the model!

If 1988's too specific, we can just say "the 1980s". :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For 1988 this:

1) IIRC a 1959 nikon F
    2) Kodachrome 64
    3) Whatever the lab returned, or for BW, ilford/agfa/valca depending on offers
    4) by then I just moved across countries and I bought a cheap & unknow secondhand enlarger which was slightly wobbly, at that time most were slides.
    Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was 13 years old, shooting with the Olympus OM-G that my dad bought me for my 11th birthday. I had a 50mm f1.8 and a 28mm f2.8 lens, both Olympus Zuiko lenses. I had never used black and white film or done my own processing, that would have to wait till I took photography in high school a few years later. I shot Kodak's amateur color neg films. I think it was Kodacolor VR-G, usually in 100 speed. Got it processed by a local lab.

I don't have the camera anymore. It was broken in a car accident when I was 16. Totaled my car, too. Replaced the camera with an Olympus OM-4T
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    35mm
    That's 25 years back and I thought I was having problems with short term memory loss! The camera almost certainly a Nikon F or very similar but definitely a Nikon with prime lenses and possibly a Rollieflex 'T'. My enlarger was definitely a LPL7700 with a Nikkor lens for both formats (Still got it and only changed the bulb twice!) and the film would have been FP4/Tri X and for colour, Agfa slide. I didn't start C41 printing until about 1990.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In 1988 I was 24 and had only one camera. A Nikon FG.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was using my Canon AE-1 that my dad gave me back in 1977 when I was 12.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In 1988 my wife and I sold our previous house and moved into our present one, I had 2 new Canon F1's, an A1 and a T90 and 2 mamiya C330F's, I sold the A1 recently and bought another new F1 body, I still have and use the same cameras. I used to shoot a lot of Agfa Portra 160 on those days and Agfa 50S and Ektachrome 64 slide film sadly all no longer with us.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 08-05-2013 at 06:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Nikon F3 which I still have
    My "go to" film was Kodachrome
    Color prints were on whatever the lab used, but my preference was Kodak.
    No darkroom at the time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Looking through the family archive I think my parents quit using B&W film around the mid '60s. I remember on holiday we used to give our 110 cartridges to this processing place on the high street that boasted a 30 minutes turnaround, so quick the prints were still tacky. Their machine was in the window and prints would pass by as they were drying on a conveyor - interesting to see all the family photos - then excitement would come as we spotted our own shots. Kodak, Fuji and the rest were too expensive so we always bought the shop brands of film.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    1988? My Brothers Olympus 35mm Point and Shoot, or my Plastic Kodak Brownie that took 110 film

The film? Back then it would have had to be Kodacolor Gold.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin