Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,068   Online: 1098

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    The price will probably skyrocket once the only option is expired ebay stuff.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another reason to stock up, but at this point I really plan to shoot all I can buy up and freeze.

Shooter
    35mm
    Bought 7 rolls, now I don't know what to shoot with it

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Having just looked at my Australian Fuji Film catalog I can confirm that Fuji Provia 400X in 35mm is not more than $20 per roll for account holders. Anything over $40 dollars a roll is price gouging...your paying for the film, their rent....the shop owners kids to go through university and so on.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks and don't worry Stephen. That mob didn't get my business. And will not get my film purchasing business in the future.
    EDIT: Cleaning out the deep freeze and I found 4 rolls of Provia 400X in 120 format... but that's not the format I need for my static sky / star trails project...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    If you are seated : in France , Fujifilm France sells Provia 400X at 105 euros the propack of 5 120rolls. And for me, dealer, they propose a discount of 15% . I reply to them that I will continue to buy to foreign partners, and I'll keep selling it under 40 euros the pack...

I think that Fuji itself is killing their products !
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm
    So what makes this Provia 400X so special over the 100F ? I haven't shot either one of them, only Velvia.
    Last edited by lhalcong; 08-23-2013 at 11:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mainly, it's two stops faster.

That makes a HUGE difference, a lot of the time. I found myself at an outdoor outing trying to shoot photos in a shaded picnic area and thought I had brought Provia 400X but only had E100G. 1/8th to 1/15th wide open - not good handheld. I didn't bring flash either since I planned to be outdoors with 400 film.

It's also rather lower contrast and saturation and often, to me anyway, looks more natural than Provia 100F. But if you like Velvia and it suits your subjects and style, you'd probably like 100F less and 400X even less.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    I think that Fuji itself is killing their products !
    This I agree with. Are they doing it on purpose, or are they just that dumb? Or are the economics that bad? The whole situation doesn't make sense to me. Velvia 50 is now $12 a roll? That's crazy.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I think we have to consider Fuji in Japan, the producer, and the subsidiaries in the world, that are independant, and they decide of the price.
    I don't think Fuji Japan wants to kill their products... but I think it's true for some of the subsidiaries, especially Fujifilm France.

What is really curious, is the number of products that are / were produced, but never exported outside Japan... this is no sense !
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin