Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,376   Online: 867

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got back my first 2 rolls of 35mm E-6 from Walmart. On sending them in, I checked the special instructions box on both envelopes and wrote in "E-6 processing. No Prints. No Scans. No CD." The first roll came back mounted in cardboard slides. They look great and no scratches (I have only viewed them holding them up to a light. There may be subtle scratches I can't see)
    The second roll was incorrectly processed. My guess is they put it through C-41 without reading the envelope. They are clear with what looks like B&W image on them. The slides are cut 4 slides to a strip. They also included a best attempt black and white print, a "The machine did it" letter, and a disposable camera with Superia 800 in it. I send RVP100 and they compensate with Superia 800. I will be calling to see if they will do any better.
    If you go the Walmart route, write E-6 all over the envelope.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Walmart? Not hardly. You'll never hear of an ex Walmart "associate" going on to work for NASA. I doubt I'd hire one to paint a barn.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Miller's Professional Imaging has a great "proof special". It's about $8 for develop, print, and scan of a roll 120 film. Free FedEx overnight return shipping. The quality is second to none. www.millerslab.com
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The intelligence of the Walmart employee has nothing to do with their film processing. Not to deride them further, but, to put it quite simply, if they are able to take your name and search for it amongst the film that has been received and take your money at the register, they are 100% capable to perform their job as far as film processing is concerned. Walmart sends out all film. They process none in-house. All processing is handled by Fujifilm. I have heard Dewayne's, but the letter I got back is on Fujifilm letterhead with an address in Greenwood, SC. Walmart is just the store front and the cashier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I called the number on the letter and was pleasantly surprised. The call was answered by a recording that gave general office info, but went straight to a CSR type person. No menu to navigate! She was very polite, listened to my concern, and took the envelope number to see what they had on record. She asked me what I would like for them to do. I explained how I would prefer slide film over print. She put me on hold to see if they had any available to send out. She took my address and said they would send some out. Now it's time to wait. That seems to be the case with Walmart processing... waiting. 2 weeks from dropping the film off to picking it up. I'm not sure what is normal for mail services.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... and if they do it with a smile and/or kind word then they have exceeded expectations!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Miller's is not hobbyist friendly Though that pricing sounds decent. You have to sign up to see their pricing which involves name, phone, address, studio name, approximate of how much you will spend, how much will be resold. Don't enter 0% for percent resold, it will give you an error.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was expecting this to take longer as Miller's said it would take a day to check my application. Nope. Looks like auto-approve. Now I have to send them 4 images and get "free stuff" before I get login information. 2 8x10's of 4 different images. One straight, one color-corrected. I just want to see what it will cost if I continue this charade as a studio. Best part so far was making up a studio name <shrug>. Again they might be great once you go through the rigamarole, but I'm done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That seems to be the case with Walmart processing... waiting. 2 weeks from dropping the film off to picking it up. I'm not sure what is normal for mail services.
    I don't think it was much longer when I sent mine to Blue Moon. I used UPS ground to send it, though, and it was going from PA to WA. Once they had it, they were efficient and good.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Walmart? Not hardly. You'll never hear of an ex Walmart "associate" going on to work for NASA. I doubt I'd hire one to paint a barn.
    Well unfortunately, these days it is very likely than an ex NASA scientist is now a Walmart "Associate".
    - Bill Lynch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin