Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,558   Posts: 1,545,235   Online: 888

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You might try perusing his thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...film-labs.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some Walmarts do c-41 in house for 35mm and most do not.

I always have to question why so many people think that Walmart would spend the time and money to send film from all over the country to Dwaynes in Kansas. When they were the only game for Kodachrome then of course they'd send the Kodachrome there, but why on earth would a 'lowest prices' place bother with the rest of it. Call the 800 number that's on the sendout envelopes to find out where it goes (a regional Fuji lab).

The last time I used Walmart I specified process only, no scans no prints. I got back an envelope with prints (looked great) which they charged for. It was from an Olympus Pen EEs, so 72 exposures. The price was just over $30 since they didn't diptych it. So much for saving a few bucks, I'll use the local pro lab for $7.50 a roll and save a bundle.
    "Fun? Ah yes, the employment of time in a profitless and non-practical way."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    praus productions in Rochester is THE BEST...check it out for yourselves
    best, peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager View Post
    praus productions in Rochester is THE BEST...check it out for yourselves
    best, peter
    If you really think they are the BEST please take a moment to post a comment here.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...film-labs.html
    If you send them more clients they may stay in business.
    You know what they say about word of mouth advertizing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbiinc View Post
    Some Walmarts do c-41 in house for 35mm and most do not.

I always have to question why so many people think that Walmart would spend the time and money to send film from all over the country to Dwaynes in Kansas. When they were the only game for Kodachrome then of course they'd send the Kodachrome there, but why on earth would a 'lowest prices' place bother with the rest of it. Call the 800 number that's on the sendout envelopes to find out where it goes (a regional Fuji lab).

The last time I used Walmart I specified process only, no scans no prints. I got back an envelope with prints (looked great) which they charged for. It was from an Olympus Pen EEs, so 72 exposures. The price was just over $30 since they didn't diptych it. So much for saving a few bucks, I'll use the local pro lab for $7.50 a roll and save a bundle.
    walmart doesn't send from all over the world to dwaynes in kansas. as you stated fuji labs usa has the contract for all walmart/sams club send out processing
    as well as rite aid pharmacy and a handful of other places ( if they still have send out seeing they are the only large lab left ) ...
    fuji 135 / 35mm c41 ( and kodak cnbw chromo c41 ) in house, nothing else. everything else ... 8, super8mm, 16mm, 120 format, 110, 126, black/white, c41 and e6 is sent to dwaynes .
    the walmarts have a kiosk at the photo lab because they don't pay for return shipping. the scanned 35mm color film is uploaded and then dye sub-printed
    (or whatever minilab printer they have) in-store and the disk and prints are given to the customer. its been that way for 2-3 years now.
    rite aid doesn't have the kiosk they WILL return all film and prints.

they really charged you 30$ to process film ?
    i used to have them make double prints of my 72exp half frame rolls and it would cost me about 5$ ... process only was about 2$ ( before they stopped sending film back )

sounds like you should have complained to fuji and gotten a 15 roll processing credit ...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin