Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,471   Online: 1068

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Mail order C41 or Walmart?

The little photo lab I used is shutting down. That leaves Walmart. I never tried them. Don't know if they even do 120. But was wondering what good mail order options are there for 120 C41 neg developing? I dont want them scratched.

Thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    I believe I'd use the advertiser I've seen at the top of this site. I've heard stories about Walmart that are not comforting--like not getting your negatives back and such things. I don't believe I'd trust an "associate" to know their hind end from a hole in the ground.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Darkroom, San Clement CA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    wallmart sends out to dwaynes all 120 + e6 + b/w
    if you give them c41 you won't get your film back
    if you bring it to rite aid instead, they will return everything
    and send both to fujilabs + dwaynes ( e6, 120 &c )

the darkroom is a sponsor and i have only heard great things about them ..
    i think blue moon ( also a sponsor ) also does lab-work
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    35mm
    OK, will check out the darkroom.

Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    No, walmart does not return film. If you had 35mm I would process some of your rolls at no cost as my own volume is low, or if you have lots of rolls for a small fee.
    however, there are still quite a few options in the market. web search will turn out some options. I have used pcraft.com in the past. Very professional but not cheap.

Shooter
    35mm
    C-41 35mm film done at Walmart. You will not get your negatives back. E-6 processing at Walmart, I haven't had any bad luck and the price ($6.88) for 36 exposure, isn't bad. I know they do accept 120, but beyond that I don't know.

I personally develop my own C-41, and if its important, I take it to one specific CVS. They do a very good job developing, but at nearly $12 a roll, it's pricey!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i think blue moon ( also a sponsor ) also does lab-work
    I'll second John's recommendation for APUG advertiser Blue Moon (in Oregon), even though your info says "NE USA".

Blue Moon has processed 120 E-6 for me and the results were wonderful. I have even received direct phone calls from them to confirm details of my processing request, just to make sure they had it right before starting. That is customer service you just can't beat.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use The Darkroom and have been quite happy with their work. And they are quick.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    I'll second John's recommendation for APUG advertiser Blue Moon (in Oregon), even though your info says "NE USA".

Blue Moon has processed 120 E-6 for me and the results were wonderful. I have even received direct phone calls from them to confirm details of my processing request, just to make sure they had it right before starting. That is customer service you just can't beat.

Ken
    That's who I send my color film to. I've also sent to Dwayne's and "A and I". No problems with any of them, but A and I doesn't do E6 anymore, I believe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin