Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,109   Online: 1075

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Gold 400 is NOT ultramax 400, right?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The film imprint on mine is "Kodak GC 400" and I believe (someone please correct me if I am wrong) that the brand names can be Max 400, Gold Ultra 400, Ultra 400, Ultramax 400... Essentially the same film.

Shooter
    35mm
    That's how I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    The film imprint on mine is "Kodak GC 400" and I believe (someone please correct me if I am wrong) that the brand names can be Max 400, Gold Ultra 400, Ultra 400, Ultramax 400... Essentially the same film.

Shooter
    35mm
    I get whatever films I can and recently that has meant Gold 200. I like it anyway.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    boy, I love it! Ya ya, I know that a scan(most likely a scan) isn't the "best" way to tell, especially with negatives.
    But still... The colors have some great kick, but not too much kicks-ya-in-the-tushy saturation, like ektar does.
    thx,
    Dan
    That is an understatement particularly since there are no standards. And just to be sure you know, below are examples from a minilab Noritsu compared to a Coolscan of the same frame of Kodak Gold 100.

Straight from a Noritsu

Straight from the Coolscan

Doesn't look like the same frame of film does it.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am biased to Kodak's color palette and have always liked the results I get from Kodak Gold 100, 200 & 400.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    Doesn't look like the same frame of film does it.
    Therein lies the reason I take with a grain of salt most statements made here about a color film's pallete, saturation, color cast, etc. Scanning introduces too many variables, and most folks here are scanning their color film. I've been able to make very nice prints from frames that I once conculded were hopeless, based solely on the scan.

Shooter
    35mm
    For what it's worth, I just ordered 25 rolls of Kodak Gold 200 from a nameless web site for about US$2 a roll. I plan on shooting a lot of it this fall when the leaves change.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    For what it's worth, I just ordered 25 rolls of Kodak Gold 200 from a nameless web site for about US$2 a roll. I plan on shooting a lot of it this fall when the leaves change.
    Please let us know what actually gets delivered. Most "nameless web sites" are delivering some other Kodak 200 film, like ColorPlus.

Shooter
    35mm
    Is Kodak still making Gold 200? I see it listed on their U.S. website, but haven't been able to find it in stores recently. It used to be everywhere, but all now only seem to carry Ultramax 400. I recently ordered Gold 200 online, but received ColorPlus 200 instead, which is not nearly as good. ColorPlus looks like something from the '70s or '80s...really nothing like Gold.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin