Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,475   Online: 1084

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I am talking commercial software like say a full demo of Tableau (see below)....this is the same as Kodak giving out 100' or 400' of Vision to a cinematographer....

http://www.tableausoftware.com/products/trial
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why do I feel that i should never have opened this can of worms?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Second comment, have you worked in motion picture? This stuff flows like water on a real set, 100,000+ feet is nothin....

Film tests are done a lot....these cinematographers know their stuff and how t'a get stuff...

And if you are gonna call out somone for having made, what you believe to be a preposterous assumption, have the decency to give the person the full context....
    Here is the OP, post #5:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...ng-remjet.html

Helen was correct fwiw (especially in the context of state of MP in 2005! Heck that comment was almost a decade ago), I've worked on Hollywood films....
    This stuff flows like water.....$1000's of dollars of short ends are often given to the crew for indi projects and whatnot....
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just checking something zsas, have you read that it was being requested in the context of using it as a still film? Now I think I might go to bed before I go do something seriously stupid.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Second comment, have you worked in motion picture? This stuff flows like water on a real set, 100,000+ feet is nothin....

Film tests are done a lot....these cinematographers know their stuff and how t'a get stuff...

And if you are gonna call out somone for having made, what you believe to be a preposterous assumption, have the decency to give the person the full context....
    Here is the OP, post #5:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...ng-remjet.html

Helen was correct fwiw (especially in the context of state of MP in 2005! Heck that comment was almost a decade ago), I've worked on Hollywood films....
    This stuff flows like water.....$1000's of dollars of short ends are often given to the crew for indi projects and whatnot....
    this is why i gave up 8mm ... fun-YES, but unless the film is 1min long its gonna take thousands of feet
    and $$$ to make something longer. ... film +processing for cine is $$$ freebees are good but no one is giving short endsnof 16 or 8mm

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

crazy?

Agfa once gave for free 30,000 cameras (though via a lottery) and even advertized about that:
    "What are we doing a crazy thing like that for?"
    Well, they had to gain market share with a new format by all means. In the end they lost with that camera.
    Last edited by AgX; 08-31-2013 at 11:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    And that was Hellen's point. Cinematographers can get samples pretty easy, she meant one could contact Kodak MP Services and see if ya can get a test roll'a Vision and then experiment...

Why even bother with that approach when one can get remjet removed cine film for $10 a roll....
    I provided a link to where you could get it at Freestyle....

Last if you find that not what yer lookin for, you could buy some short ends and have a great time messin around with removing ramjet....

If your motive was to get cine film to shoot still, why back into this by callin out a nearly 10 year old post as preposterous....it was correct, at the time and maybe still so today...though you'd prob need to be a little more of a known dp, 1st AC, producer, prod crew....

Your approach was not very kind to Helen....
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Several years ago Kodak was promoting one of their color films and was sending rolls out to interested customers. I don't normally shoot color, but I did not pass up the opportunity to get a few free rolls!
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Have you ever had your physician give you packets of (free) prescription drugs? They get them free from the pharmaceutical sales reps who come to visit them in their office, pushing the brand name medications for various ailments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DK exactly how Kodak does it, but generally stuff like samples are part of the marketing budget. They decide how much they need for the year and order up that amount. It's going to get given away, to someone, no matter what, because that's what it's for. They may or may not feel the need to qualify someone as a potential customer. In any case the value for them is getting it into some segment of JQ Public's hands, not what the retail price might be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin