Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,961   Online: 778

Shooter
    35mm

Help with Tetanal C41 Kit

Hi

I am new to home colour processing and wanted a bit of information in regards to developing time. Do I need to adjust developing time for different ISO films? I have just completed my first 2 rolls of 400 ISO film and followed the instructions supplied with the kit. do I need to reduce or increase the developing/Bleaching stages for 200/100 ISO film?

I am using a Patterson tank with room for 2 rolls, can I mix different ISO films? For example; Develop 1- 200 ISO with 1- 400 ISO Film?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    C-41 is a standardized process. It doesn't matter what speed the film is, it's all developed for the same amount of time. So, yes you can develop an ISO 200 and an ISO 400 at the same time with no ill effects.

Shooter
    35mm
    Great, thanks for your help!...Im really surprised how easy colour developing is, having previously only done B&W developing, I was under the impression colour developing would be much more difficult. Now the trick is to perfect the colour developing technique...easier said than done I reckon!

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah there's a lot of paranoia out there about C-41 requiring lab regimented processes to be successful. In reality home processing will get you pretty dang close. Faster than black and white as well once the chems are heated up.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin