Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,867   Online: 887

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    It's a different formulation for the US. http://www.freestylephoto.biz/660141...or-Kit-1-Liter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    What happens if you don't wash after the stop bath? I haven't so far, going to bleach directly and did not observe any issues. TIA.
    Sorry for late reply. The problem is specific to BLIX kits. Regular bleach and fix kits have bleach at pH 4-5.5 so the bleach also works as stop bath. BLIX on the other side is set to pH above 6, and at this high pH it won't fully stop the color developer. As a result, the Ferric EDTA will oxidize left over color developer which will then react with color coupler to form a dye.

For some reason I never had obvious problems with small format, but I got nasty yellowish blotches in blue sky on my medium format films, and these blotches didn't happen when I used a proper stop bath between CD and BLIX. A simple Acetic Acid stop bath will suffice for this purpose, followed by a quick wash before you pour in the BLIX.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin