Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,742   Online: 880

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

First Test of Rollei C-41 (blix kit) Kodak Porta 160

I modified my processing to include a 1:30 stop bath using Kodak Indicator Stop as suggested in these forums. I am happy with the results. I think this is the first time that I do not have any weird stains, or shadow muck that looks like some oil tanker disaster. Not sure if it is because of the stop bath or the new kit, don't really care. (ok kinda do) but my new processing routine will now include a stop bath.

Took a test image yesterday using my Fuji GW690III and scanned on my Leaf Scanner wet mounted at ~2500 spi. Reduced the exposure in PS and bumped things around to try to get the image to look more like what I saw which was way darker than the exposure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9719650248_56992aacd9_h.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	772.1 KB 
ID:	74218
    Last edited by nbagno; 09-10-2013 at 02:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nice image! I think using the stop bath is the reason. I had similar issues until I started using stop bath, now my C41 development is very consistent with no spots.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    Nice image! I think using the stop bath is the reason. I had similar issues until I started using stop bath, now my C41 development is very consistent with no spots.
    You know I am pretty new to processing, and it's nice to finally have an image come out that I didn't have to spend a bunch of time trying to clone out a stain or line in the image caused by processing. Pretty much down to 1/2 or so getting rid of dust in PS.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That stop bath probably did the trick, and it will become even more important if you go to larger formats. Make sure you do wash properly after the stop bath.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    That stop bath probably did the trick, and it will become even more important if you go to larger formats. Make sure you do wash properly after the stop bath.
    What happens if you don't wash after the stop bath? I haven't so far, going to bleach directly and did not observe any issues. TIA.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it has more to do with extending the life of your bleach. Stop straight to bleach affects the PH.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The problem with blixes in color film processing has been that they leave excessive residual silver metal in the film. I don't know if that is the case with the more modern film blixes. Can anyone describe a process for determining the residual silver in processed color film? What would be excessive?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What kit are you using?
    The Rollei C41 Digibase kit I am using here has separate bleach and fixer.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2go View Post
    What kit are you using?
    The Rollei C41 Digibase kit I am using here has separate bleach and fixer.
    The reformulated rollei kit has blix.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://www.macodirect.de/digibase-ma...21-p-2013.html

Well I am confused because it still shows separate bleach and fixer, which is better as I understand, and why I buy this kit from Germany

Edit, OK, I see this one now, looks convenient:
    http://www.macodirect.de/digibase-re...ml-p-2612.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin