Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,386   Online: 865

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I just wish Ilford would at least make the chemistry formulas public. I have a ton of Ilfochrome paper that is taking up way to much space in my freezer. Sizes from 8X10 through 20X24. What a waste of good material. Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    I just wish Ilford would at least make the chemistry formulas public. I have a ton of Ilfochrome paper that is taking up way to much space in my freezer. Sizes from 8X10 through 20X24. What a waste of good material. Don
    Even if Ilford should do this the bleach requires a catalyst in order to work. People have found it impossible to obtain this chemical. So the chance of you being able to make your own solutions is rather poor. In addition some of the chemicals are very dangerous.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The developer and fix are basically black and white developer and fix.

The bleach is a strong acid, sulfuric in the case of the pro bleach, but no more dangerous than any other strong acid and not that hard to handle safely.

I think Ron posted something at one time about working out a formula for a bleach that would work. I'd think it could be done but don't know the effort involved or if anyone capable of it would care to with the paper supply gone.
    Last edited by Roger Cole; 09-14-2013 at 01:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can store it in my freezer. I'm sure I could find some of it to give back to you should anyone work out the bleach formula.
    If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is Kodak R2000 still around?
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Is Kodak R2000 still around?
    Nope. Went away in, what, 2006 or so?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm feeling old. I printed on that stuff at my college job back in 1987. Easier to use than ciba. But it ain't no ciba either. Nothing comes close to it.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I made lots of type R prints, first time in late high school, circa 1980. In fact there was a night time mostly adult ed class in beginners darkroom and I had an English teacher keep telling me I could take it. I finally told her, "Mrs. Fair, I could teach it." Oddly enough, I ended up doing just that, for one night anyway. The teachers who taught it found out I printed color and invited me to come in and make a color print to demo. I exposed one of their slides at home, loaded the paper into my Unicolor drum and took that to the class and processed it. I think it was Type 1993 in those days. Sigh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I wonder if enough people raised a royal hue and cry if Ilford would resurrect Ilfochrome. Like their Large Format film sign up in advance type of thing. If anyone tries to beat to the front the line, count on broken limbs. Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Aren't there still labs doing it, like Clyde Butcher or someone? I have some ilfochrome paper in my freezer I would part with....

Ed

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin