Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,346   Online: 1133

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    I wonder if enough people raised a royal hue and cry if Ilford would resurrect Ilfochrome. Like their Large Format film sign up in advance type of thing. If anyone tries to beat to the front the line, count on broken limbs. Don
    That is a different Ilford. The b&w film maker is Ilford Photo, the Cibachrome maker is Ilford Imaging. They split a few years ago.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sorry Ed, for paper I am set. I will buy any and all chemicals though. Problem is getting the things over the border to Canada.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Greg, yes the company did split. The surviving company has a sharp eye however for analog photography and maybe, just maybe if enough interest is shown they would see a profitable bottom line. We can hope. Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And then we woke up. Dream on. I don't see Ilford Imaging ever going back into color. I'd be delighted to be wrong, but suspect I am not.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has anyone here considered cross processing Endura? It gives a similar effect with the right transparency and the right processing.

See threads here and on PN. Lots of data and pix..

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Perhaps if people spent less time pining away for what is gone and never to return (Cibachrome, Kodachrome, etc) and started using more of what is still available we might be able to prevent more products from going extinct!

Every time some one uses a cheap knockoff of a quality product you hasten that product's end.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 09-14-2013 at 11:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Perhaps if people spent less time pining away for what is gone and never to return (Cibachrome, Kodachrome, etc) and started using more of what is still available we might be able to prevent more products from going extinct!
    Gerald, that is a great thought and I agree... but I'm afraid that the virile cancer known as the computer will continue to eat away at all fields of endeavor (except government, of course), until the purpose in living is gone. I don't know about anyone else, but when I think of other arts and hobbies have been laid waste, life seems emptier now. If photography is pointing and triggering a peripheral gadget, plugging it in to the mainframe, pulling it into photoshop for a few minutes of manipulation so you can pacify yourself you just did "art", then hitting print, then that is something that leaves me empty somehow.
    PE just mentioned a process to commandeer a piece of the paper used in those photo-imagesetters, and actually making something of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hybridized (A-to-D printing is giving "Ciba" a good kick in the backside (much needed in my opinion). Very little computer work involved in hybridization and the results are astounding — and that's from people looking at Ilfochrome prints beside the new breed (don't forget, I have something like 480 Ilfochrome prints, more matted than framed). The world has indeed moved on, fast, since Ilfochrome wound up.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ilford imaging went bust a few weeks ago http://m.thelocal.ch//20130731/220-w...ibourg-plantby. Cibachrome isn't coming back that way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Results from RA4 reversal can be seen here, and to be honest they don't even get close to my own personal (extremely unprofessional hobbyist) results with Ilfochrome. I have been looking at Ilfochrome homebrew, FD and Fixer are a done deal, and for dye bleach I have a bottle of Phenazine dissolved in Ethanol waiting for experiments. It is nice to know that some people are willing to part with their frozen paper, as I am a bit low on paper which sort of discourages experimentation.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin